- Syrian President, al-Hakim: Importance of Forming Iraqi National Unity Government
President Bashar al-Assad received on Tuesday Leader of the Islamic Supreme Council of Iraq Ammar al-Hakim.
- Muslim entrepreneurs need access to Sharia-friendly financial products
MUSLIM ENTREPRENEURS in Ireland need access to Sharia-compliant financial products to develop their businesses, a conference in Dublin heard yesterday.
- 1800 Seminarians from 60 Countries to Attend Int’l Quran and Hadith Olympiad
Over 1800 seminarians from 60 countries are going to attend the 16th International Olympiad of Quran and Hadith held by Al-Mustafa International University.
- Emulating UP success story, Malegaon ulemas roped in to push polio vaccine
After the success of Muslim Ulema Committee in Uttar Pradesh in overcoming the community’s resistance to polio drops, the Rotary Club has formed a similar committee in Malegaon in Maharashtra. Four new cases of polio P1 virus have surfaced in the area and the community resists the immunisation drive there too.
- “Best Adhan Recitation” Competition in Syria
Halab Endowments Office in Syria plans to hold a competition on best Adhan recitation to select the best Mu’adhins for mosques in Halab.
- HRW: Bahrain must grant access to Shi’ite detainees
Bahrain must grant access to detainees arrested during a crackdown on Shi’ite opposition in August in what appeared to be part of wider efforts to silence political and rights groups, a rights group said on Wednesday.
- Baath Party Involved in Mahabad Muslim Killing
Iran’s Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) has identified two of the perpetrators of the Mahabad attack as officers of Iraq’s Baath Party, a military official says
- Modi woos voters with Muslim candidates for municipal polls
Ahmedabad: In Juhapura of Ahmedabad, AI Sayed, a former police officer, is busy campaigning for the municipal elections. His political leanings come as a surprise to many.
- Indonesia flood toll rises to 97
JAKARTA — The death toll from flash floods in a remote region of eastern Indonesia has climbed to at least 97 with dozens of people still missing, an official said on Thursday.
- Shia leaders reject VHP’s Ayodhya proposal
Lucknow, Oct 6 (IANS) Prominent representatives of the Shia sect of Muslims here Wednesday rejected Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) chief Ashok Singhal’s offer to hold talks on the Ayodhya issue.