- Selecting Razavi Book of the Year to be Held
Concurrent with the Keramat decade and Imam Reza (AS) birthday celebrations, the 3rd Festival of Selecting Razavi Book of the Year will be held on October 11.
- Qaeda militant admits to deadly Yemen attacks
A self-confessed militant admitted on Saturday to carrying out deadly attacks on military targets and oil facilities in Yemen, as four other suspected Al-Qaeda members went on trial for planning attacks.
- Pakistan Flood Lefts 1,000 Children Missing
The UNICEF has estimated over 1,000 children have been missing during recent floods in the country.
- Seminar on “The Quran in Popular American Imagination” in Kuala Lumpur
The International Institute of Advanced Islamic Studies in Malaysia plans to hold a seminar on “The Quran in Popular American Imagination”, according to the institute’s website.
- Quran Radio Most Popular Radio Station in Egypt
Egypt’s Quran Radio is the most popular radio station in the country, Al-Yaw As-Sabi daily reports.
- 30-day Test Run for Mecca Metro
The newly established Mashair Railway, which links the holy sites of Mina, Arafat and Muzdalifa with Mecca, will have a 30-day test run before opening to transport domestic and GCC pilgrims during the upcoming Haj season.
- Karachi shuts to mourn victims of shrine bombings
Life in the city came to a standstill on Friday, with public transport remaining off the roads and businesses shut in the wake of a mourning call given by religious and political parties in protest against the bombings on the shrine of Syed Abdullah Shah Ghazi (RA) on Thursday evening.
- Malaysia Hosts Islamic Conference of Higher Education Ministers
Malaysia will host for the first time the Islamic Conference of Ministers of Higher Education and Scientific Research (ICMHESR), here from Oct 19 to 21.
- Extremely rare manuscript of the Holy Quran on sale
Comparable manuscripts were sold e.g. to the Sultan of Brunei in 2006 for $10 Millions or to an anonymous bidder for $4,3 Million in 2007. The starting price at our forthcoming auction on the 9th of October is set at .900.000.
- Supporters of Sayyed Moqtada Sadr Rally in Iraq
Hundreds of followers of cleric Sayyed Moqtada al-Sadr took to the streets in Iraq on Friday to show support for their leader’s decision to nominate Nuri al-Maliki as prime minister for a second term.