- Al Hakim receives UN Chief envoy to Iraq
Head of the Islamic Supreme Council Sayyed Ammar Al Hakim received in Baghdad UN Chief representative to Iraq Ad Melkert.
- Council of Muftis demand explanation for blocking access to Moscow Cathedral Mosque
The Russian Council of Muftis intends to file a claim with the Moscow prosecutor’s office on Monday requesting a probe into the blocking of access to Moscow Cathedral Mosque by the OMON special task police, the Council’s press secretary Gulnur Gaziyeva told Interfax-Religion.
- Sri Lankan government seeks help from Muslim countries to help Muslims displaced from North
Oct 12, Colombo: Sri Lanka’s Minister of Industry and Commerce Rishad Bathiyutheen says the government has requested aid from the Muslim countries to resettle the displaced Muslims in the country.
- Islamic banks need to reinforce values of ethical banking for profitability
The global Islamic banking industry has been forecast to touch $2 trillion in the next five to seven years from the current $1 trillion.
- Muslim teen beaten, called a ‘terrorist’ by classmates says he stayed silent out of fear
A Muslim boy says four bullies made his life a living hell in the halls of a Staten Island public school, calling him a “terrorist” and beating him every chance they got.
- Mafatih Al-Jinan Mobile Software Released
New software named Ba Al Nayeem was unveiled during the 4th International Digital Media Fair and Festival in Tehran
- Sir Syed Day to be celebrated in Aligarh Muslim University
Aligarh: Sir Syed Day will be celebrated with traditional zeal on October 17, 2010 at the Aligarh Muslim University. It was decided in a consultative meeting with the Provosts, Deans of faculties, Principals of the colleges and Member-in-Charges. The meeting was presided over by the Vice Chancellor, Prof. P.K. Abdul Azis.
- Doha Meeting to Discuss Islamic Financing
Doha will host the First Islamic Finance Conference (FIFC) under the title “Islamic Financing and the New Economic Reality” on October 20 and 21
- High Court test case to keep Islamic preacher Zakir Naik out of Britain
A Christian minister is bringing a legal test case to try to prevent a radical Islamic preacher coming to Britain.
- Berlin city official concerned over wave of anti-Muslim attacks
A Berlin municipal official voiced serious concern over a surge in physical attacks against Muslims in the German capital, press reports said here Monday.