- Eight international students receive awards at malaysian Islamic university
The 26th Convocation 2010 of the International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM) was held from the 2nd October 2010 (Saturday) until 4th October (Monday) at the Cultural Activity Centre (CAC), at the IIUM Gombak Campus near the Malaysian capital, Kuala Lumpur.
- Mohammed most popular name for baby boys in UK
Mohammed has become the most popular name for newborn boys in Britain.
- Saudi Student Punished for Being Shia
Shia students at an elementary school in Saudi Arabia have been subject to physical punishment and insults over their faith by a Salafi teacher.
- Talaq e-joke may cost Muslim youth his marriage
A Talaq joke to his wife on the internet may cost an e-savvy youth his marriage.
- Bahrain opens trial against 23 Shia activists
State prosecutors in Bahrain are opening their case against 23 Shiite Muslim activists falsely accused of plotting to overthrow rulers in the tiny Gulf nation.
- Shia Inhabitant in Parachinar/Afghanistan border blockaded
While the paths of the Shia region of Parachinar to the interior part of Pakistan are closed and insecure, Pakistan’s military has blockaded a strategically important district in the country’s north and because of that there is no way to enter the food, fuel and medicine to the region.
- Moscow Muslims Pray on Sidewalks for Want of Mosques
It is a typical Friday scene — worshippers kneeling in the rain outside Moscow’s biggest mosque, forced to use their shoes to anchor their prayer rugs to keep them from blowing away in the autumn winds
- 3 yrs on, state says yes to Aligarh varsity campus
MUMBAI: After dilly-dallying for three years, the state government has finally conceded to Aligarh Muslim University’s (AMU) demand for land to open a campus in Maharashtra . The government is looking for 200 to 300 acres of land in the state, which will be allotted to the AMU.
- Gunmen Shoot Dead 4 Shia Muslims in Quetta
An unidentified gunman shot dead four people belonging to the Shia community on Masjid Road in Quetta on Thursday evening
- Indonesia disaster toll hits 377 as volcano erupts
Indonesia’s Mount Merapi erupted for the second time in a week, as the death toll from the initial eruption and a tsunami that hit remote western islands reached 377.