- Attack on mosque in north-west Pakistan ‘kills 55’
At least 55 people have been killed and nearly 100 injured in a suicide bomb attack on a mosque in north-west Pakistan, local officials say.
- Wrong to see Muslim women who cover hair or body as a threat, says Cherie Blair
London: Former British Prime Minister Tony Blair’s wife, Cherie, has backed Muslim women who wear ‘burqas’, saying that it was wrong to see those who cover their hair or their body as a threat.
- Kosovo’s Fatih Mosque opened
Fatih Mosque, one of the 800 mosques in Kosovo, was constructed in 1461.
- Karachi plane crash kills 21
A small plane chartered to international oil company ENI crashed after taking off from Pakistan’s Karachi airport on Friday, killing all 21 on board, officials said.
- Iraq delays parliament session for further talks
BAGHDAD – Iraq has delayed a parliamentary session from Monday until later in the week to allow more talks between the main political blocs on ending a long deadlock in forming a new government, a parliament official said on Friday.
- Al-Qaeda Bomb in British Airport was ‘Minutes from Blast’
PARIS (AFP) – British anti-terror police disarmed an Al-Qaeda bomb just 17 minutes before it was due to detonate, France said Thursday, after the explosives were intercepted on their way from Yemen to the United States.
- Al-Jazeera Slams Morocco Over Suspension of Service
DUBAI, (AFP) — Al-Jazeera condemned on Saturday a decision by Morocco to suspend the pan-Arab television network’s operations in the northern African country, saying the move would not affect its editorial line.
- Iraq’s Idle MPs Urged to Return $40 Mln in Pay
BAGHDAD (AFP) – Civil society groups said on Friday they are to launch a legal battle for Iraqi MPs left idle since a March 7 poll to return 40 million dollars received in salaries and allowances over the past eight months.