- 48 Shia Muslims Martyr/Injure in Massive Bomb Explosion in Holy Karbala
A huge bomb explosion has rocked the Iraqi shrine city of Karbala, killing at least 10 people and leaving tens of others wounded.
- Shia Muslims in Egypt face ‘Systematic’ Discrimination: Rights Groups
Egypt’s Emergency State Security Court on Sunday ordered–for the seventh time–the release of an Egyptian Shia Muslim illegally arrested for alleged involvement in planned terrorist activity.
- Kaaba key keeper passes away at 82
Makkah, November 08: Sheikh Abdulaziz Al-Sheibi, the keeper of the Holy Kaaba’s key, passed away Sunday morning. He was 82. His body was buried in the Maalla cemetery after funeral prayers at the Grand Mosque in Makkah.
- Bahrain Shia Scholars Name Next Year “With the Quran”
In response to the enemies’ desecration of the Noble Quran, Shia scholars in Bahrain have named the coming year on the Islamic calendar as “With the Quran”.
- Makkah Metro to ease traffic to holy sites
Train is hailed as most successful transport project in King Abdullah’s reign
- Forum Discusses Quranic Miracle
A forum was held yesterday, November 6, in the Jordanian capital of Amman featuring the scientific miracle of the Quran and nutrition
- Afghan polls protesters warn of possible violence
Disgruntled lawmakers and candidates in Afghanistan’s parliamentary election, marred by allegations of fraud, renewed protests on Sunday over the poll and warned of possible violence if a fresh vote was not carried out.
- Yemen needs aid to fight al Qaeda – foreign minister
DUBAI (Reuters) – Yemen needs more help from its allies to combat al Qaeda, its foreign minister said on Monday, just two days after the militant group said it had been responsible for sending U.S.-bound parcel bombs on two aircraft.
- 200 Tamizhaga Muslim Munnetra Kazhagam activists arrested
Nagercoil: About 200 Tamizhaga Muslim Munnetra Kazhagam (TMMK) workers were arrested today for trying to stage a demonstration in front of the collector’s office, demanding resignation of Dravida Munnettra Kazhagam (DMK) MP Helen Davidson for allegedly taking part in a signature campaign in support of Ram temple in Ayodhya.