- Taliban Insurgents Free Six Shia Students
Six Shia Muslim students of Kurrum Agency’s Parachinar area were freed after around 4 months in Pakistani Taliban’s captivity.
- World Islamic Banking Conference Eyes New Growth Strategies
The 17th Annual World Islamic Banking Conference (WIBC 2010) in Bahrain will call for new growth strategies that leading institutions will have to adopt to succeed in the new global financial landscape.
- Grand Ayatollah Naser Makarem Shirazi urges action on Iraq plight
Grand Ayatollah Naser Makarem Shirazi has condemned the recent spate of violence in Iraq, calling on all Muslims across the world to protest the “crimes against humanity.”
- Iraq “breaks deadlock” on government formation
Iraqi politicians appeared to have broken an eight-month political impasse when the Sunni-backed Iraqiya alliance agreed to take part in a new government headed by al-Maliki.
- Non-Muslim can also create Wakf, rules SC
Educational society Ramjas Foundation, on Tuesday, lost its land to a 41-year-old proposal for “planned development” of Delhi, but became instrumental for the Supreme Court to hold that a non-Muslim can also create a Wakf under the Muslim law.
- Car bomb hits police in Karachi, kills 18
Militants armed with guns and a truck bomb destroyed a police department in Pakistan’s city of Karachi on Thursday, killing 18 people and wounding around 100 others.
- Opec sees more use of its oil as growth accelerates
LONDON — World demand for Opec’s oil will be higher than expected next year as economic growth accelerates, the producer group said on Thursday.
- Plane crash in Sudan ‘kills some, but many alive’
KHARTOUM — A plane crash in Sudan’s western Darfur region on Thursday killed some of the 35 passengers on board, but many people escaped alive, officials said.
- CID arrests seven Terrorists of Lashkar-e-Jhangvi
KARACHI: The Crime Investigation Department (CID) on Wednesday arrested seven most wanted Lashkar-e-Jhangvi (LeJ) militants and recovered a huge cache of weapon.
- Aal Saud: jahili roots, destructive role
Despite the immense damage inflicted on Islam and its historic sites by the House of Saud, most Muslims remain blissfully oblivious of their true nature and the toxic ideology they preach.