- Iraqi parties confirm commitment to power-sharing deal
Iraq’s main Sunni-backed alliance has said it is committed to implementing a power-sharing deal, saying an earlier walk-out from parliament was a “misunderstanding”.
- Saudi King Hurts Back, Hands Hajj Duties To Deputy
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia (AP) – The Saudi king on Saturday transferred his traditional supervisory duties of the annual Muslim pilgrimage to his deputy prime minister after rupturing a disc in his back. King Abdullah normally heads the committee charged with ensuring the smooth operation of the hajj, the largest annual gathering in the world.
- Afghan minorities fear peace talks with Taleban
PANJSHIR VALLEY, Afghanistan — President Hamid Karzai’s moves to make peace with the Taleban are scaring Afghanistan’s ethnic minorities into taking their weapons out of mothballs and preparing for a fight.
- Imam al-Baqir(A.S.) Freed Islamic Money from the Domination of the Roman Empire
Ima`m Abu` Ja’far (al-Ba`qir), peace be on him, offered an excellent service to the Islamic world. For he freed Islamic money from the domination of the Roman empire, where Islamic money was made and had the Roman symbol.
- Martyrdom of Imam Muhammad al-Baqir(A.S.)
Ima`m Abu` Ja’far (al-Ba`qir), peace be on him, had carried out his immortal message: he had spread knowledge and Islamic manners among people. Then Allah chose him to be His neighbor. He wanted him to enjoy the shade of His mercy and His gardens. He wanted him to be happy through meeting his grandfathers, whopassed the methods of justice and fairness in the earth.
- Afghan Taliban cross into Pakistan for terrorism: PM
Prime Minister Syed Yusuf Raza Gilani has told a visiting US Congressional delegation Afghan Taliban are crossing over into Pakistan for terrorist acts despite deployment of NATO and Allied Forces on Pak-Afghan border.
- 1st Nat’l Seminar of Quran Translators to Be Held in Qom
The first national seminar of holy Quran translators will be held on February 24, 2011, by the Quran Research Center of Qom Seminary in the holy city of Qom.
- Fadak Quranic Exhibition Planned at Persian Gulf University
On the occasion of the Quran and University Week, an exhibition of Quranic sciences will be held at the Persian Gulf University in the southern city of Bushehr.
- American Muslim Consumer Conference Brings Attention to a 170 Billion Dollar Market
With close to 400 participants and 24 speakers, the second American Muslim Consumer Conference provided its participants with an entire day of informative sessions, networking opportunities and provided a base for understanding how to engage the American Muslim Consumer