- CISI launches Islamic finance professional interest forum and announces fully sharia’a compliant IFQ exam and workbook
The CISI is launching a new Islamic finance professional interest forum (PIF) in conjunction with the Institute of Islamic Banking and Insurance (IIBI). From 2011, members of the Islamic finance forum will meet quarterly in London to network over lunch, listen to presentations and discuss issues affecting them in a confidential setting.
- Hundreds attend vigil to show solidarity at mosque after fire
CORVALLIS, Ore. – People of all faiths surrounded a local mosque Tuesday night to stand up against an arson attack that was possibly retaliation for the foiled bomb plot in Portland last Friday.
- Ban on niqab in Swedish schools is discrimination: ombudsman
Stockholm – A ban against wearing veils that cover the face at schools and universities violates the Swedish discrimination act, the country’s equality ombudsman ruled Wednesday.
- Minneapolis mosque hopes to teach others about Muslims
A mosque in Minneapolis is holding an open house to teach the broader community about the Muslim faith and Somali culture.
- Judge Bars Certification Of Oklahoma Anti-Islam Constitutional Amendment
In a strongly-worded ruling a federal judge in Oklahoma on November 29, 2010 granted an injunction that bars certification of an anti-Islam state ballot measure (SQ 755) passed in the November 2 election.
- India denies visa to ex-Pakistan leader Musharraf
NEW DELHI – India has denied a visa to former Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf.
- Pakistan rejects fears over Pakistan’s n-weapons
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan on Wednesday dismissed Western concerns over the security of its nuclear weapons programme following the publication of more U.S. State Department cables by anti-secrecy organisation WikiLeaks.
- US worried over Pakistani nuke material
PARIS — Once-secret US diplomatic cables have revealed concerns by US officials that militants might get access to Pakistani nuclear material, according to a French newspaper report.
- Five Islamic software banks launched abroad
Five self-governing information banks of Islamic and human science software were carried out by the help of foreign fair section of commerce deputy in Computer Research Center of Islamic Sciences.
- Deceased Top Shia Cleric’s Pictorial Biography Published
Over 17,000 pictures of the late Ayatollah Bahjat by some 20 photographers have been considered in Dordaneh making it a pictorial biography of the grand Shiite cleric