- Development bank OKs 300 million dollars for Indonesian housing
Manila – The Asian Development Bank said Friday that it approved a 300-million-dollar loan package for private banks in Indonesia to help expand access to housing financing.
- Indonesia reduces Merapi volcano alert level
Indonesia has downgraded the alert level for volcano Mount Merapi, more than a month after it began erupting, killing more than 350 people.
- Sports Consultant Helps Pull Off Qatar WCup Win
ZURICH (AP) – Mike Lee sat in the Russian headquarters during the Vancouver Olympics, already pretty sure who would win the next two World Cup bids.
- Pakistan Arrests 5 Suspects Linked To 2009 Attack
LAHORE, Pakistan (AP) – Pakistani police say they have arrested five militant suspects linked to last year’s attack on the country’s military intelligence agency that killed 30 people.
- Muslims in Uttar Pradesh to observe December 6 as black day
Lucknow: Muslims in Ayodhya and Faizabad will observe December 6 as black day to protest the demolition of Babri Masjid on its 18th anniversary.
- IISS starts security summit in Bahrain
The International Institute for Strategic Studies (IISS) has begun its 7th regional security summit in the Bahraini capital of Manama, with a focus on the Persian Gulf security.
- Bus accident kills 17 in Iraq
A road accident in southern Iraq has resulted in the death of 17 people including four Iranians on a pilgrimage to the holy city of Najaf, police say.
- UK hostage in Afghanistan was killed by US, Hague confirms
Foreign Secretary William Hague announced Thursday that British aid worker Linda Norgrove was killed by a grenade thrown by US soldiers sent to rescue her.
- Pakistani university closed over threats
Authorities on Friday closed for three days a university in the Pakistani capital over threats, officials said.
- Mosque coming to Chapel Hill
Muslim students throughout the area said they are looking forward to this and more as they anticipate the opening of Chapel Hill’s first mosque, which will open its doors in coming months.