- 25,000 security elements to protect Ashura visitors in Karbala
Around 25,000 security elements will implement the security plan during Ashura visit, next month, a media source said on Monday.
- Clinton: Saudi Arabia is biggest funder of terrorists
Saudi Arabia is the single biggest contributor to the funding of Islamic extremism and is unwilling to cut off the money supply, according to a leaked note from Hillary Clinton.
- Grand Ayatollah Sistani Calls for National Unity in Iraq
Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani has called on all concerned political factions to pool their resources to help form Iraq’s next government.
- The world’s 1st wooden Qur’an unveils in Iran
Iran has unveiled the world’s first exquisite wooden Qur’an during a ceremony at the country’s Ministry of Culture and Islamic Guidance.
- Islamic banking ‘superior’ to Western kind
Malaysia’s outspoken ex-prime minister Mahathir Mohamad on Tuesday blamed Western lending practices for the world’s financial problems and hailed Islamic banking as a “superior” model.
- Taliban claim responsibility for twin suicide attacks: minister
Pakistani Taliban Monday claimed responsibility for twin suicide attacks on a meeting of pro-government tribal elders in a tribal region, which killed at least 50 people, local media reported.
- More Foreign Fighters Seen Slipping Back Into Iraq
Intelligence officials say foreign fighters have been slipping back into Iraq in larger numbers recently and may have been behind some of the most devastating attacks this year, reviving a threat the U.S. military believed had been almost entirely eradicated.
- More than 300 including Taliban leaders arrested in Karachi
Rangers have arrested more than 300 terrorists, including Taliban leaders after conducting a search operation in Manghopir, Karachi.
- ‘Anti-Shia’ books, recordings discovered in cargo vessel in southern Iran
A package of books and DVDs disguised as cargo of foodstuffs has been discovered in Bandar Lengeh in southern Iran by customs officials, who described the items as ‘anti-Shia’.
- The Message of Karbala
The moon of Muharram is upon us, and with it comes the Message of Karbala.As the river of tears starts to flow, and the thunder of matam (latmiyyah) fills the air, lovers of the Ahlul-bayt [a] remember the great sacrifice made by Imam Husayn [a], his noble family, and his loyal companions.