- China urged to probe Uighur ‘torture’
Amnesty International on Monday urged China to free the son of exiled Uighur leader Rebiya Kadeer after he said he was tortured in prison and in declining health.
- Woes of Muscat in times of urbanisation and migration
MUSCAT – Continuous migration of people from the other regions of the country to Muscat will pose grave problems in the future if it is not tackled properly, an expert has cautioned.
- Maliki picks Shahristani for deputy PM
BAGHDAD – Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki’s latest cabinet list, not yet presented to parliament, has current Oil Minister Hussain al-Shahristani taking a new job as deputy prime minister for energy, senior officials said on Monday.
- Iran first vice president faces corruption charges
TEHRAN, Iran – Iran’s judiciary spokesman confirms the country’s first vice president is facing corruption charges.
- Protest in Western world against cruelty on the Shiite Muslims in Saudi Arabia
“Human rights Watch”, a department, criticized severely on cruelty to the Shiite Muslims in Saudi Arabia.
- Grand Ayatollah Sobhani Hails Erdogan’s Participation in Ashura Ceremony
In a message to Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan on Sunday, Grand Ayatollah Jafar Sobhani praised his participation in Ashura ceremony.
- UN chief condemns Muslim killing in Chabahar
The United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon condemned in the strongest possible terms the terrorist bombing in Chabahar, Iran, which has reportedly left scores of people dead and many more injured.
- Saddam’s Half-Brother Apologizes to Iraqi People
A half-brother of Saddam Hussein has apologized to the Iraqi people for the dictatorial rule of his Baath party and charged that ex-Deputy Premier Tareq Aziz was its architect
- UAE’s First Institute for Islamic Economics and Ethics to be Created by ADIB
Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank (ADIB), a top-tier Islamic financial services group, and the Higher Colleges of Technology (HCT), signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to create the region’s first Institute of Islamic Economics and Ethics in the presence of and under the auspices of Sheikh Nahayan Mabarak Al Nahayan, Minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research and Chancellor, Higher Colleges of Technology