- Taleban kidnap 23 Pakistanis in show of strength
DERA ISMAIL KHAN – The Pakistani Taliban defied an ongoing military offensive and kidnapped 23 tribesmen who had met with the army chief during a recent trip to the area, intelligence officials, tribal elders and the militants’ spokesman said.
- Thousands mourn Pakistan’s Bhutto, 3 years on
Thousands of Pakistanis gathered on Monday to mourn ex-prime minister Benazir Bhutto on the third anniversary of her death and demand that her killers be brought to justice.
- Terrorists Attack Shia Prayers, Two Injures in Pakistan
Terrorist attacked after fajar namaz outside Jama Masjid Kolacki D.I.Khan, Pakistan.
- 18 wanted persons captured in Iraq
An Iraqi army force captured 11 wanted men and seized an arms and explosives cache in eastern Mosul city on Sunday, a military source said.
- India launches sharia stock index for Muslims
India’s Bombay Stock Exchange launched a share index of sharia-compliant companies on Monday in an attempt to open stock-trading to more Muslims.
- Seminar on “Quran and Microbiology” Held in Jordan
A seminar on Quran and microbiology was held on December 25 by the branch of the Society for protection of the Quran in Mafraq province in Jordan.
- Two suicide men killed close to a Samarra checkpoint
Two suicide bombers, wearing two explosive belts, have been killed by a military force belonging to Samarra city’s military operations command on Sunday, a command source said.
- 17 Killed in twin bomb blasts in central Iraq
Two consecutive bomb attacks have rocked the capital of Iraq’s central province of Anbar, leaving at least 17 people dead.
- Muslim medical directory published in Gujarat
Ahmedabad: The 6th edition of the Muslim Medical Students Directory Gujarat State has just been published as a result of wide and coordinated efforts and indepth field work about Muslim medical students of Gujarat.
- Muslim Leaders Meet with South Wales Police
Muslim community leaders who attended a meeting with South Wales Police on Christmas Eve about the counter-terrorism raids that have seen five men from Cardiff detained say they must wait and see whether any charges will be brought