- One-fifth of jobs to go to Emiratis
ABU DHABI – In a move that is likely to drastically change the labour market scenario in the country, the Ministry of Labour (MoL) said all companies have to employ at least 20 per cent Emiratis of their total number of staff.
- Pakistan govt in turmoil as party to quit Cabinet
A key party in Pakistan’s ruling coalition said it would quit the cabinet on Tuesday, threatening the stability of the country’s already shaky US-allied government.
- Islamic Vacation Course for Shia children ended in Zaria / Photos
A three day vacation Course for children ended at Fudiyyah Center Zaria on Sunday the 27th of December 2010. The aim of the programme is to impact sound ideology and character molding to the young stars.
- Ibrahim al-Jaafari elected head of NA
The National Alliance unanimously elected Ibrahim al-Jaafari as a leader of the bloc on Monday, a media source said.
- Pakistani Shia figure warns countrywide protest against abduction of Shia youths
Majlis-e-Wahdat-e-Muslimeen Pakistan warned countrywide protest against the abduction of Shia men by security agencies.
- Kuwait rejects Islamic banks’ liquidity request
Kuwait’s central bank denied a request by Islamic lenders to grant them exceptions from liquidity ratio requirements and allow for the withdrawal of excess liquidity, a newspaper reported on Tuesday.
- Malaysia Shiites Protest at Discrimination after Arrests
A Malaysian Shiite leader Tuesday protested at discrimination against the sect’s followers after the detention of 200 members by religious officials who claim they breached local Islamic laws
- Malaysia to Jail Recently Arrested Shiites
The Malaysian Shiites arrested recently have been released, but officials have said they might eventually be charged in Shariah courts with the crime of following the teachings of a deviationist movement, which is punishable by two years in jail
- Role of Shia Islam in Culture and Civilization of Islam and Iran Unveiled
A book titled “The Role of Shia Islam in the Culture and Civilization of Islam and Iran” by Dr Aliakbar Velayati was unveiled yesterday, December 27, at the Art Section of the Islamic Development Organization.