- Bahrain PM warns against financial irregularities
MANAMA – Bahrain’s prime minister has said the government has zero tolerance policy towards corruption.
- Suicide bomber kills 21 in Egypt
ALEXANDRIA (EGYPT) – A suicide bomber blew himself up outside a Coptic church in Egypt on Saturday, killing 21 people and wounding 79 others in an attack President Hosni Mubarak said was the work of “foreign hands”.
- Bahrain Shia Ulema Assembly Condemns Insult to Grand Ayatollh Sistani
Strongly condemning recent outrageous remarks against grand Ayatollah Sistani, Bahrain’s Shia Ulema (scholars) Assembly said the remarks were out of ignorance.
- Quran & Ahl-ul-Bayt Forum Held in Lucknow
A series of forums on “Quran and Ahl-ul-Bayt (AS)” were held in Lucknow, the capital of Uttar Pradesh known as a seat of Shi’ism and the epitome of Shia culture in India.
- Year 2010 witnessed decrease in journalists victims, 7 reporters killed in Iraq
The year 2010 had witnessed a considerable decrease of 25%, in the number of journalists killed all over the world, whilst 7 Iraqi journalists have been killed during the year, according to a report by ‘Journalists Without Borders’ about the freedom of press in the past year.
- 8th Volume of Glorious Quran Encyclopedia to Be Released
Having been fully revised, the 8th volume of the Encyclopedia of the Holy Quran is set to be published in the near future.
- China and the Islamic World
After Zhai Jun, Assistant Chinese Secretary of State, announced that his country would develop relations with the Islamic World, eyes turned to the country’s policies.
- Rawalpindi Shias Commemorate Martyrdom Anniversary of Imam Zain al Abidin
Agha Moosavi said the ‘dua’ of Imam Zainul Abideen (A.S.) is the source of encouragement for the Islamic world and is a good omen for rooting out enemies of Islam and their hippocratic attitude.
- Taliban Leader Killed by Coalition Forces
Coalition forces in Afghanistan have killed top-ranking Taliban official Mullah Bahador in restive Kunduz Province during an overnight raid, according to Afghan police and a local governor
- US-Saudi Plan to Obliterate Iraqi Shias
Credible sources in the Persian Gulf have reported about American-Saudi plans to obliterate the Shia in Iraq through Bathist elements