- Two shia Men Martyred by the Terrorists in Sindh
The target killing of Shia Muslims are being continued in the Sindh province as two more Shia Muslims, Syed Yawar Abbas Jaffari and Asim Zaidi have been gunned down by the terrorists of outlawed Nasabi-Wahabi organizations in Karachi and Hyderabad respectively.
- Saudi Prince Nayef violating human rights
A Saudi human rights group calls for the dismissal of the Kingdom’s interior minister, Prince Nayef, accusing him of violating human rights.
- 72 hours deadline given by the Parachinari Shia people to Govt
Complete shutter down strike observed in Parachinar, the headquarter of Kurram Agency, against the authorites for not taking action against militants Taliban.
- Islamic Bank of Britain woos intermediary market
Islamic Bank of Britain (IBB) has relaunched its dedicated intermediary website as it gears up to increase sales of its Home Purchase Plan, the Sharia-compliant mortgage alternative.
- Dutch commission says Muslim pupils can wear headscarves
The Equal Opportunities Commission in the Netherlands on Friday said that a Catholic high school in the town of Volendam in Northern Holland is guilty of discrimination on religious grounds for banning a Muslim pupil from wearing a headscarf.
- German University Breaks New Ground With Islamic Studies Program
Islam plays an increasingly important role in public debates in Germany. At a Frankfurt university, students can learn about the religion in a scientific way as part of the first bachelor’s program in Islamic theology.
- Quakes cause injuries in southern Iran
Two earthquakes damaged buildings and injured several people in southern Iran early on Saturday, state broadcaster IRIB reported.
- Professor removes Muslim student’s veil, arrested
Ranchi, A professor of St Xavier’s College was arrested here Saturday after members of the Muslim community demonstrated against him for removing a female student’s veil, police said.
- After Salman Taseer, is Sherry Rahman next on the hit list?
ISLAMABAD: The assassination of Salman Taseer is seemingly not enough with Pakistani religious scholars now targeting Sherry Rehman, the country’s former minister of information and a member of the National Assembly.
- No room for secularism in Pakistan as Islam is its sole identity: Jama’at-e-Islami
Islam is Pakistan’s sole identity, and there is no room for secularism and its believers in this country, Jama’at-e-Islami deputy Secretary General Hafiz Sajid Anwar has said.