- UAE to meet plastic bag-free deadline
The UAE is well on its way to rid the country of plastic bags by 2013, Dr Rashid Ahmed bin Fahd, Minister of Environment and Water, said on Saturday.
- Clinton seeks stronger ties with Arab allies
US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton left for a tour of Gulf Arab allies in a bid to tighten sanctions against Iran and win greater support for Iraq’s new government.
- Iraqi MP: S Arabia to behead 30 Iraqis
Saudi Arabia has reportedly decided to execute 30 Iraqi nationals on alleged charges of drug trafficking, an Iraqi parliamentarian has disclosed.
- Cash stolen from Islamic center by suspect who had received charity from mosque
In an apparent case of biting the hand that feeds, a St. Louis man is accused of pilfering cash from a religious center that had helped him out.
- Somali ban men, women from shaking hands
Somalis say Islamist insurgents have banned unrelated men and women from shaking hands, speaking or walking together.
- 20 Dead Over Muslim Killing Protest in Nigeria
At least 20 people have been killed in clashes in the central Nigerian city of Jos following a protest against the killing of seven Muslims in a nearby village
- Bombs Kill Four Across Iraq, among Them Children
Four Iraqis, including two children, have been killed and five others have been injured in bombings across the country over the past 48 hours
- Anti-Muslim Racist Guest on FOX News Allowed to Express Hatred Remarks against Muslims
FOX News host Sean Hannity observed that a holy war may be brewing in the Middle East as he reported on the church bombing in Alexandria, Egypt this past Christmas Eve
- Anti-US Protests Held in Afghanistan
Amid rising anti-US sentiments in war-battered Afghanistan, hundreds of angry protesters have rallied against US-led military operations in the country
- Saudi Arabia Lashes Iranian Cleric
An Iranian Shiite cleric has said he was jailed and lashed in Saudi Arabia last year after being arrested for “raising a shoe” at Prophet Mohammed’s shrine, media reported on Saturday