- CBI to reinvestigate 2006 Malegaon blast
In a fresh development in the 2006 Malegaon blast probe, a special court on Thursday granted permission to CBI for reinvestigating the case in wake of “confession” statements made by Swami Aseemanand linking Hindu groups to terror acts.
- Terrorists Target Shia Mosque in Baghdad
One bomb exploded near the Husseiniya Shia mosque in the Karrada neighbourhood of central Baghdad, killing one person and woundibng four others, the official said
- Iran to launch ‘Fajr’ home-made satellite in near future
Iran’s Communications and Information Technology Minister, Reza Taqipour said in Tehran on Wednesday evening Iran will launch a home-made satellite called ‘Fajr’ by the end of current Iranian year on March 20.
- Pakistan wants Muslim states’ troops in Afghanistan
Islamabad, Jan 13 (IANS) Pakistan has proposed that a UN peacekeeping force drawn from ‘neutral Muslim countries’ should take over Aghanistan’s security after US-led NATO forces pull out, a media report said here.
- Bahrain court names new defence for opposition activists
MANAMA — A Bahraini court on Thursday named a new group of lawyers to defend 25 Opposition activists accused of terrorism, the third defence line-up since their trial began last October.
- Bridge linking Bahrain, Qatar to go ahead
DUBAI – A long-planned bridge linking Qatar Bahrain will be constructed, Bahrain’s foreign minister said on Thursday, without giving a time-frame for the delayed project.
- No bail for police officer in Sohrab encounter case
AHMEDABAD — The Gujarat high court has rejected the bail application of suspended IPS officer Rajkumar Pandian, one of the prime accused in the Sohrabuddin fake encounter case.
- Weather not to blame for Iran crash
An Iranian lawmaker has cast doubt on reports blaming Sunday’s deadly plane crash in the northwest of the country on poor weather conditions.
- Tunisia unrest leaves 66 dead
A wave of violent clashes between Tunisian security forces and anti-government protesters has so far led to the death of at least 66 demonstrators.