- More spending on Muslims’ education suggested for 12th plan
A high-level meeting to discuss ways and means to improve the lives of Muslims in the 12th Five Year plan today suggested more spending on education for the community.
- Bahrain mulls change in law to fill local council seats
MANAMA — Bahrain might allow by-election in case a seat falls vacant in the municipal councils, according to an amendment made to the municipality law on Tuesday.
- Indian-Muslim heritage centre
SOME 150 people responded to the Islamic Religious Council of Singapore’s call for donations of artefacts and photos for the Nagore Dargah Heritage Centre in Telok Ayer.
- Sadr’s followers demand Biden stay away from Iraq
NAJAF, Iraq – Followers of Iraqi Shia cleric Moqtada al-Sadr took to the streets on Friday after prayers to condemn a visit by U.S. Vice President Joe Biden and demand U.S. forces leave the country.
- Detainees don police uniforms in Iraq jailbreak
BAGHDAD – A dozen terror suspects disguised in police uniforms broke out of an Iraqi jail Friday, prompting a manhunt across the nation’s south for what officials called a dangerous group of top-ranking insurgents linked to al-Qaida.
- At least 13 southern activists arrested in Yemen
ADEN, Yemen – At least 13 Southern Movement activists were arrested, including a regional chief, during a demonstration in the city of Mukallah on Friday, police and sources within the movement said.
- US uncertain about Afghanistan pullout
The top US military official has cast doubts about the time of a withdrawal from Afghanistan and the number of American forces to leave the violence-wracked nation.
- Gunmen kill 6 in NW Pakistan
At least six people have been shot dead by unknown gunmen in northwestern city of Hangu near the Pakistan-Afghanistan tribal belt.
- 3 Shia embraced martyrdom in different acts of ongoing terrorism
3 Momineen embraced Shahadat , in the ongoing Target Killing and Blasts against the Shia community .
- Tunisian president swept from power
A month-long wave of violent protests has swept Tunisia’s president from power, bringing an extraordinary end to the 23-year rule of one of the Arab world’s most autocratic leaders.