- Tunisian uprising gets second wind with more protests
Hundreds of rural Tunisians on Sunday have reinforced on-going protests led by industrial workers and professionals in the capital Tunis, adding more pressure to quit on the remnants of the regime of ousted President Zine El Abidine Ben Ali.
- Govt may extend help to youths arrested ‘wrongly’ for terror
In an attempt to soothe frayed nerves, the government may extend help for rehabilitation of the Muslim youths who were “arrested wrongly” in various terror acts in which involvement of right-wing activists is now strongly suspected.
- Shia Pilgrims Martyred in Iraq Car Bombs
A series of car bombs in and around the Iraqi capital, Baghdad, have left at least eight people dead and 30 others injured.
- Imam Hussain’s (A.S) Mourning Ceremonies Planned In India on Arbaeen
On the occasion of Arbaeen, mourning processions are planned to be held this Tuesday, January 25, in different Indian cities.
- Pakistan cabinet to be ‘rightsized’
The Pakistan cabinet is going to be ‘rightsized’ and the restructuring of the cabinet will lead to some ministers being shunted out, a media report said Sunday.
- UK hate cleric urges Muslims to ‘issue fatwas’ against Cameron, May
London based hate cleric Anjem Choudary has urged Muslims to issue a ‘fatwa’ against British Prime Minister David Cameron and Home Secretary Theresa May.
- 12,000 police to be deployed on Arbaeen of Imam Hussain (A.S) in Lahore
More than 12,000 police will provide security cover to the participants of Arbaeen of Hazrat Imam Hussain (A.S) in Lahore, Pakistan.
- Hakim: We hope to work on the Iraq Kuwait framework as soon as possible
President of the Islamic Supreme Council of Ammar al-Hakim that the convening of the Arab Summit in Baghdad at the end of next March was “an important message launched by the Arab brothers to support and entrusting the ongoing political process in Iraq.”
- Maliki, Allawi meet next week to work out PC, security ministries’ complexities
Source at the National Alliance said that a meeting between Prime Minister, Nuri al-Maliki, and Leader of Iraqiya Slate, Iyad Allawi will take place next week.
- Earth ‘to get a second sun’
The Earth could soon have a second sun, at least for a week or two. The cosmic phenomenon will happen when sun explodes into a supernova in the night sky.