- Tunisia Issues Arrest Warrant for Ben Ali, Protests Resume
Tunisian authorities issued an arrest warrant for ousted president Zine El Abidine Ben Ali and members of his family, as the pressure mounts on the interim government with protesters rally, calling for a break with the old regime.
- Thousands of flood-affected Pakistanis remain in need of help – UN
An estimated 166,000 people in Pakistan remain displaced six months after last year’s devastating floods and in need of assistance.
- Halal market opportunities at risk in NZ
New Zealand market opportunities in South Asia will be squandered unless New Zealand invests in promoting and advocating its Islamic Halal certification, according to the founder of Halal certification in New Zealand.
- Lucknow Shias observe Arbaeen under tight security
Thousands of Shia Muslims on Tuesday took out procession in Lucknow on the occasion of Chehallum (the 40th day of martyrdom of Imam Hussain at Karbala). The procession originated from Imambara Nazim Saheb at 1 pm and passed through Tulsidas Marg, Nakhas, Bulaqi Adda and culminated at Talkatora Karbala.
- Al-Qaeda suspects arrested in Yemen
Yemeni security forces have arrested five suspected members of the al-Qaeda network during an operation in the southern province of Abyan.
- Thousands Shia Muslims Commemorate Arbaeen of Imam Hussain in Holy Qom / Photos
Holy city of Qom also known as the city of Karimeh Ahl-il Beit Hazret Fatemeh Masumeh (A.S) the daughter of Hazret Imam Mousa Kazim (A.S) and sister of Imam Reza (A.S) is fully dressed in black in the 40th day of martyrdom anniversary of Imam Hussain (A.S).
- Top Grand Shias express condolence over the death of Sheikh Muhammad Ali Al-Amari
Top Shia scholars express their condolences over the loss of the Saudi Arabia Shia leader, Sheikh Al Amari.
- Tunisia workers union calls for strike
The General Union of Tunisian Workers has called for a nationwide strike in an attempt to pressure the country’s interim government into resignation as the cabinet is preparing for a reshuffle.
- Argentina new legislation over freedom of Hijab
Argentina has introduced new legislation giving more freedom to its Muslim population to practice their faith without the fear of persecution.
- Taliban claim responsibility for Arbaeen suicide attack in Lahore
Pakistani Taliban Tuesday claimed responsibility for the suicide bomb attack in the Pakistani city of Lahore, which martyred 15 Shia mourners, local media reported.