- Eid-e-Zahra – An occasion of great happiness
Rabi-ul Awwal 9, the day of glory, honor, dignity and blessings, is a great Eid known as “Eid-e-Shuja’a”, “Eid-e-Zahra (A.S)” or the Feast of Zahraa (A.S.). Many traditions from holy Prophet (S.W.) and his Ahlul Bayt (A.S.) have been reported in its merit.
- Egypt moves to reassure allies
Egypt’s military authorities have reaffirmed the country’s commitment to all its international treaties.
- Pakistan issues arrest warrant for Pervez Musharraf
A Pakistani anti-terrorism court has issued an arrest warrant for former military ruler Pervez Musharraf over the assassination of opposition leader Benazir Bhutto in 2007.
- Pro-democracy rally begins in Algeria, defying ban
Thousands of people are holding a pro-democracy rally in Algeria’s capital Algiers, defying a government ban.
- Deadly Taliban attack on Kandahar strikes police HQ
A Taliban raid on the southern Afghan city of Kandahar has killed 19 people, including 15 policemen, officials say.
- Iraq suicide bomber kills many Shia pilgrims on bus
A suicide bomber in Iraq has killed at least 27 people in an attack on a bus carrying Shia pilgrims, police say.
- Bahrain King orders BD1,000 for all Bahraini families ahead of protests
Bahrain’s king decided on Friday to give 1,000 dinars ($2,650) to each Bahraini family, the latest step that the dictator rulers have taken to appease the public before protests planned next week.
- Vastanvi after-effects in Assam
From Deoband in western Uttar Pradesh to far-away Assam, Muslim politics seems to be in a churn across India. Last month, Darul-uloom Deoband witnessed violent divisions over the alleged pro-Narendra Modi statements of the seminary’s newly elected rector Maulana Gulam Mohammad Vastanvi.
- Mumbai terror attack inspirer Naik spreading ‘hate messages’ via satellite TV in UK
Zakir Naik, a Islamic preacher whose sermons had allegedly acted as inspiration for the 2008 Mumbai terrorist attacks, has reportedly been broadcasting hate messages into British homes via a satellite TV despite being banned from entering that country last year.
- Deoband”s latest fatwa: Abortion only on hakeem”s advice
From now on, ask a ”holyMuslim doctor” before you go for an abortion, the Darul Uloom-Deoband has ruled in its latest fatwa.