- Emirates Islamic Bank launches new personal finance product
Emirates Islamic Bank (EIB) announced the launch of their new personal finance product: “Investment Murabaha”.
- Signature campaign on against Deoband VC
NEW DELHI: A noted alim (religious scholar) has launched “save Darul Uloom movement” and started collecting signatures from fellow ulemas demanding immediate removal of Maulana Ghulam Mohammed Vastanvi as Darul vice-chancellor.
- Dispatches Islamic school to complain to Ofcom
An Islamic school in Birmingham says it is drafting a complaint to Ofcom in light of a Channel 4 Dispatches show.
- Iraq diverts $900 mln from F-16 jets to food
BAGHDAD – Iraq has delayed the purchase of F-16 fighter jets for its air force to put $900 million of allocated funds into its national food ration programme instead, a government official said on Tuesday.
- Mubarak’s health deteriorating
CAIRO – The health of former Egyptian ruler Hosni Mubarak is deteriorating and he has refused to travel abroad for treatment, the Saudi-owned daily Asharq al-Awsat said on Tuesday.
- Egypt military warns more strikes ‘disastrous’
CAIRO — Egypt’s military regime warned Tuesday that a wave of strikes sweeping the country was “disastrous”, as it gave a panel of civilian experts 10 days to revise the constitution.
- Police attack Yemeni protesters; 17 injured, 165 detained
At least 17 people were injured and 165 arrested Monday during various clashes between anti-government protesters and security forces in Yemen’s capital Sanaa and the southern province of Taiz.
- Bahrain Shia Opposition Bloc Suspends its Membership in Parliament
Bahrain’s Shi’ite opposition bloc Wefaq suspended its membership in parliament on Tuesday after two Shi’ite villagers were killed in clashes with police, a parliamentarian from the bloc said
- Bahrain Main Square Now in Control of Shia Protesters
Thousands of protesters in Bahrain are filling a main square in the Gulf nation’s capital as Egypt-inspired demonstrations gripped the country for a second day
- Saudi Officials Secretly Dispatch Thousands of Armed Troops to Bahrain / Shia Protesters under Severe Pressure
“Customs officials of King Fahad Bridge are deporting ordinary travelers in order to speed up the transportation of Saudi armed troops to Bahrain.” Saudi travelers and eye witnesses said