- Libya protests: Death toll mounts as unrest spreads
Rights groups say there is a rising death toll from clashes between anti-government protesters and security forces in Libya.
- Bahrain protests: King Hamad seeks talks after violence
King Hamad of Bahrain has asked his eldest son, Crown Prince Salman, to start a national dialogue to resolve the Gulf state’s political crisis.
- Egyptians celebrate but military starts talking tough
Egypt’s ruling military council says it will not tolerate any more strikes which disrupt the country’s economy.
- Yemen protests: Three killed at anti-government rallies
At least three people have been killed during widespread anti-government demonstrations in Yemen.
- Ahlul Bayt’s (AS) Status to Be Discussed in Zimbabwe
A forum on the status of Ahlul Bayt (AS) will be held on February 27 in Kadoma, Zimbabwe.
- Eight pro-democracy injured in Jordan clashes
At least eight people have been injured after a group of government supporters attacked a pro-democracy protest rally in the Jordanian capital, Amman.
- Bahrain Shia Parliamentarian alliance “Wafaq” calls for international protection of Bahraini nationals
Al-Wefaq National Islamic Society calls on legislative entities and international parliamentary unions to intervene immediately to stop massacre of Bahraini people at the hands of security forces.
- Saudi urges reforms to avoid revolt
Saudi Prince Talal bin Abdul-Aziz has warned that his oil-rich country might be next in being swept over by a popular uprising if it does not act on reforms.
- CBI challenges in SC move to clear LK Advani in Babri case
NEW DELHI: The CBI made a fresh attempt to revive the Babri Masjid demolition case against BJP leader and former Deputy Prime Minister L K Advani when it moved the Supreme Court challenging dropping of conspiracy charges against him and 20 other politicians.
- Maulana Fazlur Rehman’s Mysterious Visit to India
” The two-day India visit by Islamic hardliner and Pakistan’s Jamiat-ul-Islami chief Maulana Fazlur Rehman is believed to be aimed at reinforcing the anti-Vastanvi forces at the Darul-Uloom Deoband seminary in Uttar Pradesh , where the recently appointed vice chancellor Ghulam Mohammad Vastanvi had drawn much flak for praising Narendra Modi’s governance in Gujarat.