- Saudi Arabia: early stirrings of revolt?
Three separate petitions represent a small but growing slice of Saudi public that is discontent with an absolute monarchy.
- Yemen opposition hands Saleh transition road map
SANAA – Yemen’s opposition presented President Ali Abdullah Saleh with a road map on Wednesday for a smooth transition of power this year, offering him a graceful exit as street pressure grew for him to step down now.
- Jordanians rally for prisoners release
Hundreds of people have staged a rally in Jordan’s capital, Amman, to call for the release of over eighty political prisoners.
- Bahrain crown prince calls for talks with opposition
Bahrain’s Social Development Minister, Fatima Al-Balooshi, says the crown prince has ordered all security forces away from Shiite-led protesters rallying against the Sunni rulers.
- Pakistan Minorities Minister Shahbaz Bhatti shot dead
Pakistani Minorities Minister Shahbaz Bhatti has been shot dead by gunmen who ambushed his car in broad daylight in the capital, Islamabad.
- Libya unrest: Rebels fight off Gaddafi attack
Rebel forces have fought off an attempt by soldiers loyal to Col Muammar Gaddafi to retake the eastern oil town of Brega.
- Yemen president tells US he is committed to reform
WASHINGTON – Yemeni President Ali Abdullah Saleh called the White House on Wednesday to express regret for “misunderstandings” related to his remarks about the United States and Israel and say he is firmly committed to political reform in Yemen, the White House said.
- Oil rises as Libya warns of $130 crude
LONDON – Brent crude rose back close to two-and-a-half year highs on Wednesday as Libya warned of higher oil prices due to the crisis and its government forces fought rebels in the oil-rich east.
- Two hundred preachers and Imams call for the independence of Al-Azhar
Over two hundred preachers and imams call for the independence of Al-Azhar and an end to state security control over choice of preachers in mosques
- 18 Momineen Injured in blast after the Kurram peace Agreement
Militant violated Kurram Peace Agreement on Wednesday by performing remote controlled blast on Passenger Coach coming from Parachinar to Peshawar.