- Tanks and planes hit Libya rebels
Pro-Gaddafi forces have launched a fierce attack on Libyan rebels in Zawiya, sources in the town say.
- Oil prices volatile as Opec ministers hold discussions
Members of the Opec cartel of oil producing nations have been nformally discussing whether to hold an emergency meeting to discuss output levels.
- Syrian activist Haitham al-Maleh freed under amnesty
The prominent Syrian human rights activist and government critic, Haitham al-Maleh, has been released from jail.
- ‘At least 20 dead’ in car bomb in Faisalabad, Pakistan
At least 20 people have been killed and more than 120 injured after a car bomb tore through a gas station in the Pakistani city of Faisalabad.
- Saudi King Ordered Mohammed bin Fahd to Release 27 Qatif Shia Detainees
According to Tawafoq Website, Saudi king Abdullah ordered the governor of the Eastern Province to release 27 Shia detainees who were arrested in demonstrations last Friday in Qatif.
- Imam Hussein (A.S) Museum to open soon in Karbala
The management board of the Husseini shrine in Karbala is making final preparations for the opening of the Imam Hussein (A.S) Museum in the coming weeks.
- Saudi Arabia Must Allow Peaceful Protests: Amnesty International
Amnesty International Urges Saudi Arabia to Allow Peaceful Protests, After Government Bans Right to Legitimate Demonstrations and Detains 24 People. Organization Also Calls for Investigation Into Reports Police Beat and Kicked Protesters in city of al-Qatif.
- Kuwaiti Shias push for rights
Senior Shia figures and lawmakers in Kuwait plan to hold talks to discuss ways to realize demands by Shia Muslims for greater civil and religious freedom.
- Tens of thousands Shias continue anti-govt. rally in Yemen
Tens of thousands of the Shia Muslims based in the northern Yemen have repeated their protests against the government, braving prospects of government-ordered bloodshed.
- Jamiat sack and switch in run-up to Assam poll
The chief of the All India United Democratic Front, Maulana Badruddin Ajmal, today joined the Jamiat-Ulema-e-Hind faction headed by Mahmood Madani. Last month, Ajmal was sacked by a faction of the Jamiat headed by Arshad Madani on charges of using the organisation for furthering the AIUDF’s political interests in violation of its constitution.