- As the situation in Bahrain continues to deteriorate, splits in the ruling al-Khalifah family are beginning to surface.
- At least 35 people have been arrested after they defied a ban on demonstrations and protested in the Syrian capital, reports say.
- Special Report: Shiites Fear They Are the Next Target
Shiite Muslims performing Friday prayers in South Jakarta. The country’s Shiite community fears violence as hard-line groups ratchet up anti-Shiite rhetoric, labeling it a ‘deviant’ sect and calling for its disbandment.
- Grand Shia Cleric, Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani Slams Bahrain Violence
Top Shia cleric Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani has called on Bahraini authorities to end a violent crackdown on anti-government protesters in the kingdom.
- CIA Contractor Released by Pakistan Court for `Blood Money’
An American working for the Central Intelligence Agency who was charged with killing two Pakistanis has been freed after relatives of the slain men accepted compensation under Islamic law, an official said.
- Bahrain faces ‘war of annihilation’
Security forces sent in tanks to crush protests in Bahrain’s capital, to retake Pearl Square, with five killed and hundreds injured in what was described as a “war of annihilation”.
- Clashes in Yemen protest wound at least 150
Yemeni plain clothes police forces attack protesters with tear gas, rubber bullets, live fire and bats in Hudaida wounding at least 150
- Rebels despair of west as Gaddafi closes in
Colonel Muammer Gaddafi moved closer to crushing the rebellion against his 42-year rule in Libya on Wednesday, as his troops advanced towards the rebel stronghold of Benghazi and one of his sons warned the uprising would be “over within 48 hours”.
- Iraq’s Aziz gets life sentence over murders
BAGHDAD — Iraq’s former deputy premier Tareq Aziz received a life sentence on Wednesday for his role in the 1980s killing of Shia officials, a judicial spokesman said.
- Grand Shia Cleric Urges OIC Emergency Meeting on Bahrain
Grand Ayatollah Jafar Sobhani in a message to the Organization of the Islamic Countries called for an immediate measure over the catastrophe in Bahrain.