- Pakistani Shia Muslims Under Severe Pressure from Taliban and Government; Two Other Shia Martyred
In the recent spate of sectarian target killing of Shia Muslims in Karachi, two more Shia people including a Journalist and trader’s son were martyred in separate violent incidents in the metropolis by the Wahabis belong from Sipah-e-Sahaba, Laskhar-e-Jhangvi and Taliban terrorists.
- Syria takes the initiative ahead of protests
A new governor was appointed to the Syrian protest hub of Daraa on Monday while a Facebook group urged rallies in honour of those killed in previous demonstrations.
- UAE becomes IRENA’s permanent headquarters
The first General Assembly of the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) on Monday confirmed the UAE as its permanent headquarters.
- Gaddafi too late in playing the family card
Muammar Gaddafi is playing the family card by saying his son should lead Libya or it will be divided, a gambit that looks set to fail.
- Pro-Gaddafi forces shelling Libya’s Misrata-rebels
BEIRUT – Forces loyal to Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi were shelling the rebel-held city of Misrata on Monday, targeting residential areas, a rebel spokesman said.
- Afghan police kills NATO soldiers, protests continue
JALALABAD, Afghanistan – A “rogue” Afghan border policeman shot dead two foreign soldiers on a training mission on Monday, and hundreds of people turned out on the streets for a fourth day of protests against the burning of a holy Quran by a fundamentalist US pastor.
- ‘US must apologize for burning Qur’an’
Afghan President Hamid Karzai has denounced an American priest’s recent burning of a copy of the Holy Qur’an and called on US Congress to condemn it.
- List of 400 Detainees and Missing Persons in Bahrain
Last update of 400 detainees and missing persons in Bahrain, including 12 women.
- Yemen protesters and police clash, 400 wounded
Police using live rounds and tear gas wounded more than 400 protesters who tried to march to a presidential palace in Yemen’s Red Sea city of Hudaida early on Monday, doctors said.
- Cops bust second kid for allegedly ripping off Muslim schoolgirl headdress
Police have nabbed the second prepubescent punk wanted for trying to rip off the religious headdress of a Muslim schoolgirl on Staten Island, The Post has learned.