- Libya: Gaddafi must step down, says ‘contact group’
The newly formed international “contact group” on Libya has called for Muammar Gaddafi to stand down as leader.
- Egypt: Mubarak and sons detained amid corruption probe
Egypt’s prosecutor general has ordered the detention of former President Hosni Mubarak, ahead of an investigation into corruption and abuse allegations.
- Afghanistan: Bomber kills Kunar elder Malik Zarin
A suicide bomber has killed at least 10 people in an attack on tribal elders in eastern Afghanistan, the interior ministry has said.
- Bahrain woman says on hunger strike over arrests
The daughter of a prominent Bahraini activist says she is on hunger strike to protest the arrest of her father, husband and other relatives after martial law was declared to quell weeks of pro-democracy protests.
- Saudi prisoners denied basic rights
There are many prisoners held for years in Saudi custody merely over expressing their views on reforms, a recent documentary demonstrates.
- Barack Obama must speak out on Bahrain bloodshed
Bahrainis are suffering the same violent repression as Libyans – so why does Obama have nothing to say?
- U.S. drone strike kills 6 in Pakistan, first since March
U.S. drone aircraft fired four missiles in Pakistan’s South Waziristan tribal region Wednesday, killing six militants, days after the head of the country’s intelligence agency called for an end to the strikes that have caused deep anger.
- Mass graveyard discovered in Anbar with corpses of 812 people killed during Iraq’s former Baath regime
A mass graveyard has been discovered in west Iraq’s Anbar Province, comprising 812 corpses of people, killed during Iraq’s former Baath regime, Iraq’s Human Rights Ministry announced on Wednesday.
- Three Pakistani Shia Martyred in Van Bomb Blast in Parachinar
Terrorist attack on van at Dakeykhala, in this attack 3 Shia martyred and 5 injured.
- Iraq restricts protests to three Baghdad stadiums
BAGHDAD — Iraqi officials have barred street protests in Baghdad, and restricted approved demonstration sites to three football stadiums in the capital, a security spokesman said on Wednesday.