- AMU campus peaceful, students leaving for home
Aligarh, May 1 (IANS) A day after the Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) administration announced the varsity’s sine die closure following violence among students, the campus was peaceful and students were slowly returning home, an official said Sunday.
- Britain expels Libya ambassador
UK orders expulsion of Omar Jelban in retaliation for British embassy attack by pro-Gaddafi crowd in Tripoli
- ‘Tanks firing’ in Syria protest city of Deraa
Syrian soldiers and tanks have been firing in the city of Deraa, a centre of protests against President Bashar al-Assad’s rule, residents say.
- Afghanistan: Suicide bomber ‘aged 12’ kills four
A suicide bomber said to be aged 12 has killed four people in east Afghanistan, one of several attacks a day after the Taliban announced a spring offensive.
- Imran warns of sit-in in Karachi against drone attacks
Chairman, Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf (PTI), Imran Khan, on Sunday warned that if the CIA-operated drone attacks inside Pakistan were not stopped, PTI will stage a sit-in in Karachi to stop supplies to NATO and ISAF forces in Afghanistan as a protest against the attacks.
- HOKOK to Complain about Crimes in Bahrain at The Hague
The International Coalition against Impunity (HOKOK) organization will be at The Hague, Holland, accompanied by a number of European lawyers and Bahraini civilians.
- Gaddafi’s son killed in NATO strike: spokesman
Saif al-Arab Gaddafi, youngest son of Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi, was killed in NATO’s strike against Gaddafi’s house, said a spokesman of the Libyan government.
- French Translation of Quran at Tehran Int’ Book Fair
The Ansarian Publishing House will present the French translation of the Holy Quran at the 24th Tehran International Book Fair.
- Belgium closeer to ban burqa
Belgium’s lower house of parliament has approved a bill that would ban all clothing that covers or partially covers the face and that would prohibit Muslim women from wearing the burqa and the niqab in public.
- Magnitude 5.4 earthquake hits Kazakhstan
ALMATY- A magnitude 5.4 earthquake was recorded in eastern Kazakhstan on Sunday, the US Geological Survey said.