- Libya talks in Rome aim for political solution
ROME — Global powers will meet in Rome on Thursday in a new bid to look for a political solution to the conflict in Libya and find ways to help finance the rebels, amid a bloody stalemate in the fighting.
- Yemeni tribesmen free abducted Saudi diplomat
SANAA — Yemeni tribesmen released Tuesday a Saudi diplomat kidnapped last month in the capital Sanaa over a trade dispute involving a Saudi businessman, one of the mediators for his release told AFP.
- Syrian forces crack down on protesters in Banias
Syrian security forces swept into the coastal city of Banias on Tuesday, a protest leader said, taking control of another urban centre from demonstrators.
- Pakistan denies sheltering bin Laden amid US doubts
WASHINGTON/ABBOTTABAD, Pakistan – Pakistan’s president on Tuesday denied suggestions that his government may have sheltered Osama bin Laden but admitted his security forces were left out of a US raid to kill the al Qaeda chief.
- Pakistan Shia Organizations takes out rally to support Bahraini people
Leaders of Shia Organizations of Lahore have demanded Fouji Foundation and Bahria Foundation to stop recruitment for Bahrain otherwise their followers would surround their offices.
- Australia “First Islamic Museum” to be Built in Thornbury
Australia’s first Islamic museum is to be built in Thornbury and will work to dispel stereotypes of the often misunderstood religious minority.
- HRW urges Bahrain to put off Shia’s death rulings
Human Rights Watch called Monday on Bahraini authorities to put off military court death sentences and life imprisonment of Shia over the alleged killing of two security men.
- Bahrain Forces Kidnapped Two Former Member of Al Wefaq
Bahraini forces have kidnapped two former members of the country’s largest political party, Al Wefaq, in yet another attempt to crush the opposition.
- Grand Ayatollah Sobhani stresses story telling for teaching children
Grand Ayatollah Sobhani stresses storytelling as the best way to give moral lessons and Islamic values to the minors.