- Six killed, 10 wounded in attack in Iraq’s Baquba
BAGHDAD – Gunmen killed at least six people and wounded ten others on Saturday in an attack on a goldsmiths’ market in the Iraqi city of Baquba, the provincial military command centre said.
- Pelosi, US lawmakers in Iraq for talks with PM
BAGHDAD – Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki called for greater cooperation with Washington after a US army pullout from Iraq at the end of 2011, in talks Saturday with US Democratic House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi.
- Pakistan leaders urged to quit over bin Laden
Pakistan’s elected leaders on Saturday came under mounting pressure to resign in the wake of a US commando operation that killed Osama bin Laden not far from the capital Islamabad.
- Hundreds of Salafis march to US embassy to protest bin Laden killing
CAIRO: Hundreds of Salafi protesters gathered after Friday prayers at Al-Nour mosque in Abbasiya, condemning the killing of Al-Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden by US forces in Pakistan.
- Syrian army storms coastal city
(CNN) — Syrian tanks and troops stormed a village near the Mediterranean city of Banias on Saturday, killing at least four women and injuring several others, witnesses said.
- Libyan shells fall in Tunisia in renewed fighting
DEHIBA – Artillery rounds fired by forces loyal to Libya’s Muammar Gaddafi fell in Tunisia on Saturday as fighting broke out near the border between Libyan soldiers and anti-Gaddafi rebels.
- U.S. labor urges trade pact with Bahrain be suspended
(Reuters) – The largest U.S. labor group wants President Barack Obama’s administration to suspend a free trade pact with Bahrain over human rights abuses in the kingdom’s crackdown on anti-government protests.
- Taliban launch wave of attacks in Afghanistan’s Kandahar
(Reuters) – Taliban insurgents, including at least six suicide bombers, hit government targets in southern Afghanistan’s Kandahar on Saturday, triggering gunbattles that killed two people in what the militants said was part of their “spring offensive”.
- Official: 15 bodies recovered from plane crash in Indonesia
Jakarta, Indonesia (CNN) — Fifteen bodies were recovered Saturday from the wreckage of an airplane that crashed into the ocean while preparing to land in the Indonesian province of West Papua, officials said.
- Modi-accuser Bhatt was at CM meet: ex-cop
Ahmedabad: A dismissed Gujarat constable, Naresh Brahmbhatt, has come out in support of Gujarat cadre Indian Police Service (IPS) officer Sanjiv Bhatt and claims to have ‘proof’ that Bhatt was going to attend the controversial February 27, 2002 meeting.