- 13 killed, 20 injured in Afghan police bus bombing
JALALABAD, Afghanistan — Thirteen people were killed and 20 others hurt Wednesday in a suicide car bombing against a police bus in eastern Afghanistan claimed by the Taliban, a provincial spokesman said.
- US slaps sanctions on Syrian president, top aides
WASHINGTON – The United States imposed sanctions on Syrian President Bashar al-Assad and six other top aides for human rights abuses on Wednesday in a dramatic escalation of pressure on Syria to cease its brutal crackdown on protesters.
- Syrian president claims ‘crisis’ nearing end
BEIRUT — Syria’s president acknowledged his security forces made mistakes in the deadly crackdown on protesters, but suggested in statements published Wednesday that the current “crisis” was nearing its end even as attacks raged.
- Fight breaks out in Kuwait parliament
A fight broke out among Sunni and Shiite politicians during a Kuwait parliamentary debate about citizens being held at Guantanamo Bay.
- Protest before Saudi Embassy against financing Salafis, Wahhabis
A number of bloggers, Shia Muslims and Coptic Christians on Tuesday staged protests before the Saudi Embassy in Cairo, demanding that Saudi Arabia stop financing Salafis in Egypt who incite sectarian violence.
- Wahhabi Gunmen Killed 5 Shias in SW Pakistan
Police say gunmen killed five Shiite Muslims in what appeared to be a sectarian attack in Pakistan’s southwest.
- Iraqi officials discovered bodies of 21 people in a mass grave in Fallujah
Iraqi officials have discovered the bodies of 21 people in a mass grave in the city of Fallujah in the western Iraqi province of Anbar.
- Health requirments for Hajj and Umrah pilgrims in 2011
The Saudi Ministry of Health has formally announced the inocultion requirements for the pilgrimage season of 2011.
- Pakistani security forces arrested Top al-Qaeda leader
Pakistani security forces have arrested a key al-Qaeda leader during a massive crackdown in the southern port city of Karachi, the army says.
- Halal Expo Moscow-2011 Exhibition to be Held in Moscow
The largest International Exhibition Centre of Russia “Crocus Expo” in Moscow will host the International Halal Exhibition “Moscow Halal Expo 2011” On May 26-28, 2011.