- Iraqi terror victim families to sue MKO
Families of Iraqi victims of terrorist attacks by the Mujahedin Khalq Organization (MKO) are to file a lawsuit against the terrorist group with the Iraqi Judiciary.
- Two Shia Brothers Martyred in Karachi
The Shia brothers were martyred on Saturday morning by the armed terrorists of Wahabi-Nasabi organization of Sipah-e-Sahaba and Lashkar-e-Jahangvi at Baldia Town Karachi.
- At least 20 children buried in Malaysia landslide
At least 20 children were feared buried in Malaysia on Saturday after a landslide hit their orphanage, the official Bernama news agency said.
- Six dead in suicide blast at Kabul military hospital
KABUL – Six medical students were killed and 23 others wounded in a Taliban suicide attack at Afghanistan’s main military hospital in Kabul on Saturday, the defence ministry said.
- Pakistan to probe killing of five foreigners
QUETTA, Pakistan – Pakistan on Saturday appointed a high court judge to investigate the killings of five unarmed foreigners by security forces in the southwestern Baluchistan province, officials said.
- Syria ‘victim of a fascist attack,’ says Chavez
CARACAS — Syria, gripped by pro-democracy protests for two months, is the “victim of a fascist attack,” Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez said Friday in defending his “brother,” Syrian counterpart Bashar al-Assad.
- Iran arrests 30 people suspected of spying for US
The Iranian intelligence ministry announced that it had uncovered and dismantled a network suspected of spying for the United States and made 30 arrests, state television reported on Saturday.
- GCC confirms its mediator headed back to Yemen
RIYADH – An official from the six-nation Gulf bloc confirmed its secretary general will head to Yemen Saturday ahead of the planned signing of a deal it brokered aimed at ending months of deadly protests.
- Syrian forces kill 3 at protesters’ funeral
BEIRUT – Syrian security forces killed at least three people after opening fire on a massive funeral procession for eight anti-government protesters slain the day before, a human rights activist said.
- Massive fire in Sharjah, 16 warehouses gutted
Firefighters from the Sharjah Civil Defence are working to put out a massive fire that broke out at around 5pm at a warehouse of a chemical company in the Sajjah area near Sharjah University.