- Clinton exonerates Pakistan over Osama Bin Laden
The US Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton, is in Pakistan trying to patch up relations with Islamabad following the death of Osama bin Laden. This morning she said there was no evidence that any high ranking Pakistani officials knew that the Al Qaeda leader was living in the country.
- Iraq’s head of anti-Baath committee assassinated
The executive director of the Justice and Accountability Commission (JAC), Ali al-Lami, a Shiite Muslim, was shot dead in his car in east Baghdad by unidentified gunmen using silenced weapons.
- G8 leaders throw weight behind Arab Spring
The G8 world powers threw the rich world’s weight behind the Arab Spring on Friday, demanding Libyan strongman Muammar Gaddafi step down and pledging billions for fledgling democracies.
- Butcher of Bosnian Muslims in the 1990s Arrested
Serbian authorities have detained the country’s most wanted war crimes suspect Ratko Mladic, wanted for committing genocide against Bosnian Muslims in the 1990s.
- Pakistan air force kills 23 militants in northwest
Pakistani fighter jets pounded militant hide-outs in the country’s northwestern on Friday, killing 23 suspected insurgents, a government official said.
- Syrian security forces fire on protest, killing 4
Syrian security forces opened fire on a late-night protest in a southern village, killing four people as the nation braced for another wave of protests after Friday prayers, an opposition group said.
- Christians in Dagestan fascinated by Muslims’ supplication
The Russian version of the most famous Shia prayers, Kumayl Supplication, was well received by the attendees of a church in Dagestan.
- Protesters gather in Cairo square for rally
Thousands of people poured into Cairo’s Tahrir Square on Friday for what they called a “second revolution,” calling for Egypt’s military rulers to speed up democratic reforms.
- AMU Centre at Bihar
The dream of Kishanganj Centre of the Aligarh Muslim University’s project brightened up by the offer of the required 250 acres of contiguous land by the Bihar Government.
- Russia says it could help mediate Gadhafi’s exit
Russia could help mediate Moammar Gadhafi’s exit from power, a senior Russian diplomat said Friday.