- US, Pakistan authorities dispute militantâs death
US and Pakistani authorities disagree sharply over claims that senior Al Qaeda leader Ilyas Kashmiri was killed in a recent missile strike, officials from both countries said
- Afghans want Taliban dropped from UN sanctions list
KABUL â” Afghan officials are asking the United Nations Security Council to lift sanctions against some 50 Taliban figures, a senior diplomat said Tuesday, amid moves towards reconciliation.
- Yemen facing humanitarian catastrophe
LONDON – Yemen is facing a humanitarian catastrophe as an explosion of violence strains a country that is already one of the poorest in the world, Yemen representative for the UN childrenâs agency UNICEF said on Tuesday.
- Libyaâs Gaddafi vows to fight to the death
Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi vowed on Tuesday in a speech broadcast live on state television to fight to the end, after NATO intensified air strikes on Tripoli.
- Battles rage in al Qaeda-held Yemen town, 45 dead
SANAA – At least 45 people were killed in an al Qaeda-held town in the latest violence in Yemen and protesters took to the streets of the capital on Tuesday to demand that President Ali Abdullah Saleh stay in exile.
- New Wave of Shia Arrests Kicks Off
Bahraini police arrested a number of Shia at the weekend for shouting anti-government slogans during a religious festival in the Persian Gulf Arab state, the Interior Ministry said on Tuesday.
- Assad to meet with Kurdish parties, report says
Syrian President invited representatives from twelve Kurdish parties for talks.
- Homeless Orphanâs of Parachinar stage protest demonstration + PIC
Dozens of orphans of those martyred by Taliban terrorists in Parachinar on Monday staged a protest demonstration in front of National Press Club Islamabad.
- UN rights chief slams ‘blatant distortion’ in reports of meeting with Bahrain officials
The U.N.’s top human rights official has sharply criticized Bahrain for inaccurate reports by its state-run news agency on her meeting with government officials in Geneva last week.
- Bahrain: Trial Opens for 47 Doctors and Nurses
Dozens of doctors and nurses who treated injured antigovernment protesters during the months of unrest in Bahrain went on trial.