- Syrian forces round up hundreds near northern town
AMMAN – Syrian troops rounded up hundreds of people in a sweep through villages near Jisr al-Shughour on Monday, fleeing residents said, after President Bashar al-Assadâs army retook the rebellious town.
- â140 deadâ in two weeks of Yemen clashes
ADEN, Yemen â” At least 140 people have been killed in two weeks of clashes between Yemeni security forces and suspected Al-Qaeda gunmen in the southern city of Zinjibar, a military official said on Monday.
- Strong 6.2-quake rattles Indonesia
JAKARTA â” A strong 6.2-magnitude earthquake struck off Indonesiaâs Sulawesi island on Monday, geologists said, but there were no immediate reports of damage or tsunami warnings issued.
- Bomb destroys seven NATO oil tankers in Pakistan
PESHAWAR, Pakistan â” At least seven tankers carrying fuel for NATO troops in Afghanistan were gutted Monday when a bomb planted in one of the vehicles exploded at a terminal in Pakistan, officials said.
- Bahrain appoints parliament head to lead reform talks
But leading Shi’ite Muslim opposition group Wefaq objected to the appointment.
- Dozens of Bahrainis face military court
Opposition groups estimate about 400 people are on trial, but the government says the numbers are far less.
- Yemen Deputy joins opposition power talks
Yemen’s political opposition held talks with the country’s acting leader in a bid to defuse months of violent political deadlock over the future of veteran leader Saleh.
- Jordan’s king vows democratic reforms
Jordan’s King Abdullah II has claimed commitment to democratic reforms in the country that would lead to âa parliament with active political party representation.
- Five Shia Martyred, 25 Injured in Iraq Suicide Attack
Five Shia were Martyred and at least 25 others were injured in a suicide attack in Basra south of Iraq early Monday morning.
- Taliban kills three Shia villagers of Turi tribe in Kurram Agency
Local Talibanâs terrorists of Kurram Agency on Sunday killed the three Shia villagers of Kurram Agency Parachinar in Boshehra village.