- Battle for Libya oil town, fighting near Tripoli
Rebels fighting against Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi say they were repulsed by his forces in a battle to retake the eastern oil town of Brega, suffering at least four dead.
- Gunmen storm Iraq government office, take hostages
Iraqi officials say attackers set off two car bombs outside a government compound east of Baghdad, then stormed it and took hostages.
- Iraqâs Maliki eyes downsizing government, risks protest
Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri Al-Maliki plans to cut ministries and streamline his government to try to meet protestersâ demands to improve efficiency and basic services, officials and lawmakers said.
- Russian imam killed by Wahhabis outside village mosque in Dagestan
The imam of a village mosque in Russia’s North Caucasus republic of Dagestan was shot dead on Tuesday morning, the Dagestani Interior Ministry said.
- Imam Jawad (AS) Encyclopedia Goes Online
On the occasion of Imam Javadâs (AS) birth anniversary, the Imam Jawad Encyclopedia was made available online.
- 19,169 infiltration attempts foiled
The Saudi Border Guard in Jazan last month foiled attempts by 19,169 Yemenis to infiltrate into the Kingdom through the common borders, it was announced Sunday. According to the report, 433 smugglers, who were trying to bring in arms, ammunition and drugs, were arrested.
- Jordan king’s motorcade attacked
The motorcade of the Jordan king has been attacked while he was on an official tour in the southern city of Tafileh, a security official says.
- Rights Groups Raise Alarm over Torture of Bahrain Protesters
Human rights organizations voiced concern over the torture which pro-democracy protesters in Bahrain have being exposed to. Human Rights Watch was urging Bahrain on Tuesday to stop special military court proceedings against those arrested during the country’s anti-government’s protests.
- Total lunar eclipse on June 15, 2011
Wednesday will be a big day for skywatchers in Asia, Europe, Africa, Australia and the Middle Eastâ”â”the locations in prime position to witness the longest total lunar eclipse since July 2000.
- Bomb kills Yemen officer, Gulf states mull solution
A bomb killed a military officer loyal to Yemeni President Ali Abdullah Saleh, an official said on Tuesday, as Yemenâs rich Gulf neighbours sought to avert civil war on their doorstep over the wounded leaderâs fate.