- Iraq must regulate private security firms: UN
BAGHDAD – Iraq should tightly regulate private security firms to prevent abuses by their employees when they stay on in the country after a scheduled U.S. military withdrawal, a UN working group said on Thursday.
- Afghan Taliban attack Bajaur village, kill five
KHAR: Several hundred militants crossed the border from Afghanistan on Thursday and stormed a village in Pakistanâs tribal district, killing five civilians, Pakistani officials said.
- Bahrain braces for peaceful demonstration on friday
Bahrain’s largest opposition group has called for a mass anti-regime protest rally on Friday despite heavy government crackdown on protests.
- US implicated in ‘largest theft’ in Iraq
US auditors say as much as 6.6 billion dollars in Iraqi reconstruction funds may have been stolen in “the largest theft of funds in national history.”
- Saudi Forces Detain Protesters
The Saudi security forces have detained two Saudi nationals under the charge of participation in peaceful protests.
- Libyan leaders defiant as Russians seek deal
TRIPOLI, Libya â” Russiaâs envoy to Africa visited the countryâs battered capital Thursday in a last-ditch effort to broker a negotiated settlement to a war that is increasingly weighing on the NATO governments seeking to bring down Moammar Gaddafiâs regime.
- Syria crisis: Troops move into towns in north
Syrian troops travelling on tanks, armoured personnel carriers and buses have moved into two northern towns.
- Pakistan Arrests C.I.A. Informants in Bin Laden Raid
WASHINGTON â” Pakistanâs top military spy agency has arrested some of the Pakistani informants who fed information to the Central Intelligence Agency in the months leading up to the raid that led to the death of Osama bin Laden, according to American officials.
- The Care Taker of the Mojzati Imambargah in Karachi Shot Martyrd by Wahhabi Terrorists
The terrorists strike again and targeted another Shia man, who was the administrator of an Imambargah. S.Shahid Hussain Zaidi s/o S.Khadim Hussain Zaidi was shot dead by armed terrorists near Muhammadpur police post, at Katti Phari , Qasba Colony. He was the administrator of Mojzaati Imambargah.
- Shia Olympian, Boxer Syed Abrar Hussain Martyred by Wahhabi Terrorists
Famous Boxer Syed Abrar Husain, shot martyred by the wahhabi terrorists at Jail road, Quetta