- Assad tries to defuse discontent
AMMAN – Syrian President Bashar al-Assad said on Monday political reforms will stabilise Syria and defuse popular grievances.
- Yemeni deputy minister dies in S Arabia
A Yemeni deputy minister who was wounded in an attack, along with several others, earlier this month has died in a Saudi hospital, a report says.
- Syrian Army Discovers Huge Amounts of Weapons and Explosives in Jisr al-Shughour
The Arab Syrian army on Sunday discovered huge amounts of rifles, pistols, hand grenades and bladed weapons, and dismantled explosives and dynamite planted on the roadsides…
- Syria: Two Terrorist Confess to Working with Biased Channels in Media Misdirection
Two terrorists working in media misdirection for biased channels detailed their dealings with these channels, the methods they used to deliver what they recorded, and the instructions they received.
- French Embassy convoy hit by bomb in Baghdad
BAGHDAD — A roadside bomb exploded Monday morning next to a French Embassy convoy traveling through downtown Baghdad, wounding seven Iraqis, officials said, the latest indication that violence is still a significant fact of life in the country.
- Calls grow in Egypt to delay elections
CAIRO — Calls are growing in Egypt for a delay of September’s parliamentary elections to give parties formed in the aftermath of Hosni Mubarak’s ouster more time to organize.
- Iraq hunting $17bln missing after US invasion
BAGHDAD – Iraq’s parliament is chasing about $17 billion of Iraqi oil money it says was stolen after the 2003 U.S.-led invasion and has asked the United Nations for help to track it down.
- NATO admits Libya air strike, not civilian deaths
SORMAN, Libya — NATO on Monday admitted carrying out an air strike on a military target in the Sorman area west of the capital as the Libyan regime said that 15 people, including three children, were killed in the attack.
- Afghanistan voices concern over border attacks
KABUL – Afghanistan has voiced concern over cross-border violence which it blamed on Pakistan’s military, it said Monday, amid mutual recriminations over the issue.
- UAE launches Investment Map for global investors
DUBAI — Eng. Mohammed Ahmed Bin Abdul Aziz Al Shehhi, Undersecretary of the UAE Ministry of Economy on Monday announced the launch of UAE Investment Map to promote the sustainable and balanced development of the country.