- Taliban militant and wife staged attack on Pakistani police
DERA ISMAIL KHAN, Pakistan (Reuters) – A Taliban militant and his wife carried out a suicide bombing on a police station in Pakistan Saturday that killed 12 policemen, a Taliban spokesman said Sunday.
- Afghanistan: Eight-year-old girl ‘used in attack’
An eight-year-old girl has been killed after insurgents used her in a bomb attack on police in southern Afghanistan, the government has said.
- Talabani Underlines Islam’s Opposition to Terrorism
Iraqi President Jalal Talabani condemned the attempt made by certain terrorist groups to affiliate their causes to Islam, and said Islam is a religion of peace and friendship and deplores terrorism.
- Bahrain Seeking Indonesian Mercenaries to Help End Popular Uprising
A noted Saudi scholar has claimed that Bahrain’s embattled Al Khalifa royal family is seeking Indonesian mercenaries to help maintain its iron grip over the country…
- Madrid conference to share bahraini pains
Rights activists from across the world have attended a conference held in a show of solidarity with Bahraini revolutionaries in the Spanish capital, Madrid.
- Discrimination against Muslims at all-time high in Belgium
A total of 166 out of 1,466 cases launched in connection with discrimination and racism-related offenses involve faith, according to the 2010 report prepared by Belgium’s Center for Equal Opportunities and Opposition to Racism (CEOOR).
- Preparations on mount for Ziyarah Rajabiyah
Marking Ziyarah Rajabiyah in the holy city of Al-Kadhmiyah that falls on Rajab 25 – the anniversary of martyrdom of Al-Imam Moussa bin Jafar Al-Kadhim (AS) -, preparations have been on rise.
- Strong 6.4 quake rattles Indonesia
A strong 6.4-magnitude earthquake struck near the coast of Indonesia’s Papua province on Sunday, geologists said, but there were no immediate reports of damage or tsunami warnings issued.
- Power outages affecting health in Pakistan
More and more people are suffering from psychological disorders in Rawalpindi due to chronic power outages, with electricity cut up to 16 hours a day.
- Al Qaeda leader’s wife gets 20 years in prison
An Iraqi judicial spokesman says a court has sentenced the wife of a slain Al Qaeda leader to 20 years in prison for terrorism-related charges.