- Kurram operation: 10 militants killed, 8 injured
PESHAWAR: Ten militants were killed and eight injured during an operation conducted by security forces in Kurram Agency, Express 24/7 reported on Wednesday.
- US offers ten thousand troops for Iraq next year
BAGHDAD — The White House is offering to keep up to 10,000 troops in Iraq next year, US officials say, despite opposition from many Iraqis and key Democratic Party allies who demand that President Barack Obama bring home the American military as promised.
- Saudi occupier calling the shots in Bahrain
Saudi Arabia doesn’t have a seat at Bahrain’s reconciliation talks, but it is arranging everything in the tiny nation from the tone of debate to the eventual offers on the table.
- Bahrain opposition fears reform talks not serious
(Reuters) – Bahrain’s opposition said on Wednesday the first session of a national dialogue for reforms in the Gulf island kingdom raised questions over whether talks aimed at easing tensions after unrest this year can succeed.
- Iran, Iraq ink accords, vow to put past behind
BAGHDAD — Baghdad and Tehran pledged on Wednesday to strengthen ties and put the past behind them, even as Washington accuses Iran of supplying new and more lethal weapons to anti-US militias.
- 500 British troops to be withdrawn from Afghanistan next year
The Prime Minister told the House of Commons that the British force in Afghanistan would be reduced to 9,000 by the end of the year.
- Militants enter Pakistan, attack border villages
PESHAWAR, Pakistan (AP) — Hundreds of militants crossed from Afghanistan and attacked several border villages in Pakistan on Wednesday, triggering shootouts with local militias that killed at least five people, police said.
- 13 dead in Karachi target killing today
KARACHI: Thirteen people have so far been killed in separate incidents of target killings in various parts of the metropolis while dozens have been injured, including women and children, Geo News reported.
- SC says no to transfer of 2008 Ahmadabad blast case
6.7.2011 (UNI) The Supreme Court today dismissed the petition filed by 63 accused in 2008 Ahmadabad temple bomb blast case seeking transfer of the trial outside Gujarat.
- Libyan rebels push towards Tripoli on two fronts
AL-QAWALISH, Libya (Reuters) – Rebel fighters seized a village south of the Libyan capital and another group advanced towards Tripoli from the east on Wednesday in the biggest push in weeks towards Muammar Gaddafi’s main stronghold.