- Saudi prince in coma at U.S. hospital: source
Saudi Arabia’s ailing Crown Prince Sultan bin Abdul Aziz is reportedly in a state of coma after undergoing surgery in a New York hospital.
- Tehran to Host 7th Int’l Conference of Mahdism Doctrine
The 7th International Conference of Mahdism Doctrine will begin Thursday, July 14, at the IRIB International Conferences Hall in Tehran.
- 15 killed in bus blast near Islamabad
ISLAMABAD: Fifteen people were killed after a bus caught fire as a result of a blast near Islamabad on Tuesday.
- Bomb blast leaves 11 injured in Iraq
At least eleven people have sustained injuries after a bomb went off in close proximity of a police patrol in Iraq’s northern province of Kirkuk.
- Iran seeks ‘explicit’ deal in nuclear row
VIENNA — Iran on Tuesday signaled it wanted closer cooperation with the UN atomic watchdog but said the Vienna-based agency must agree to “explicit” guidelines on how to proceed to solve a nuclear row.
- Yemenis protest foreign meddling
Protesters have taken to the streets in southwestern Yemen to press on with their demands and call for an end to foreign interference in their country.
- Thousands rally for Egypt military chief’s ouster
CAIRO — Thousands of Egyptians rallied Tuesday for the downfall of Egypt’s military leader, as anger mounts over the army’s handling of a transition from the country’s former autocratic regime.
- Iraq in talks to buy US fighter jets
Iraq has renewed talks to buy up to 36 US F-16 fighter jets in a deal worth billions.
- U.S. drone strikes kill 45 suspected militants in Pakistan
(Reuters) – At least 45 suspected militants were killed by missiles launched by U.S. drone aircraft in Pakistan’s northwest, local intelligence officials said on Tuesday, one of the largest death tolls to date in the controversial air bombing campaign.
- Syria to embrace constitutional changes
Participants in Syria’s national dialogue have agreed to make a full revision of the country’s constitution in an attempt to find a solution to the unrest that has plagued the Arab nation in recent months.