- Egypt not to allow foreign poll monitors
The decision is part of a new election law approved by the country’s ruling generals.
- Bahraini Human Rights Activist Condemns German-Saudi Tank Deal
A Bahraini human rights activist condemned the sale of 200 German Leopard 2 battle tanks to Saudi Arabia.
- Egypt’s parliamentary elections to be held in three stages: State TV
Ruling military council outlines measures by which the upcoming parliamentary elections will be held, without going as far as stipulating when that will be
- Syrian Youths File Lawsuit Against al-Jazeera Satellite Channel
A group of Syrian youths filed a lawsuit against al-Jazeera Satellite Channel, for its fabrications and incitement against Syria, which resulted in the martyrdom of civilians and army members.
- US Muslim Woman Gets $20,000 in Lawsuit Against Discrimination
A federal jury has awarded $20,000 in compensatory damages to a Muslim woman who alleged that Abercrombie & Fitch discriminated against her because she wore a head scarf.
- Egypt’s new cabinet sworn in
Egypt’s new ministers took the oath of office in front of Hussein Tantawi, head of the ruling Supreme Council of the Armed Forces, on Thursday, the official MENA news agency reported.
- Organization of Islamic Cooperation declares Somalia famine zone
OIC stated on Wednesday that famine disaster was affecting currently four regions in Somalia (Bay, Bakool, Juba and Lower Shebelle).
- Imam Mahdi Celebration in Dearborn Draws 2000 Attendees
On the blessed occasion of the 15th of Sha’ban, the Awaited One Foundation held its annual Imam Mahdi Birth Celebration Event. The event capped off a weekend full of activities and celebrations leading up to this large event, including a candle lighting campaign for Saturday night.
- Stalemate in Talks in Bahrain
The Bahraini Al Wefaq party has said it would no longer take part in, what is referred to in the country, as the national dialog.
- UK Taliban arrested in Afghanistan
UK forces have arrested two Britons fighting for the Taliban in Afghanistan, the Ministry of Defense (MoD) has revealed, saying they might have planned to attack the British troops.