- Grand Shia Cleric: Mosques play an import role in declining crime rate
(Ahlul Bayt News Agency) – Grand Ayatollah Jafar Subhani has underscored the role of mosques in educating youths and decreasing the number of crimes in the society.
- Bahrain Ups Attacks on Shia Muslims
Bahraini citizens say the Saudi-backed Manama regime forces have become increasingly more brutal toward the country’s Shia majority in recent weeks.
- Religious, Quranic Weeks Planned in 40 Countries
Head of the Islamic Culture and Relations Organization (ICRO) said various Quranic, religious and cultural programs would be held in more than 40 countries during the holy month of Ramadan.
- Revolutionaries repel Gaddafi forces
Libyan revolutionary fighters say they have pushed back a counterattack by forces loyal to embattled ruler Muammar Gaddafi.
- Tajikistan bans youths from mosques
Tajikistan’s President Emomali Rahmon has signed a new law that bans the country’s youths from participating in religious gatherings in mosques.
- MSF censures Bahrain police for raid
An international medical group has censured Bahrain’s police for attacking its offices, detaining one staff member and seizing equipment.
- Half of US Muslims face prejudice
Nearly half of American Muslims say they have experienced racial or religious discrimination over the past year, a new poll has revealed.
- The New Bahrain-Pakistan Alliance
(Ahlul Bayt News Agency) – Bahrain’s Sunni monarchy is hiring hundreds of Baluchi mercenaries in Pakistan to crack down on the Shia majority’s demand for democracy and reform.
- Mubarak pleads ‘not guilty’ at Cairo trial
Former Egyptian president maintains innocence over charges that include corruption and unlawful killings of protesters.