- Bomb Blast on Iraqi Shiite House 17 killed, injured
A police lieutenant in Iskandiriyah, however, put the toll at six dead, including two children, and six wounded. The family whose house was bombed were members of the Shiite tribe Al-Massudi, he said…
- EU mulls new Syria sanctions
BRUSSELS — EU nations are eyeing new sanctions against Syrian individuals and businesses linked to the ongoing clampdown on dissent by President Bashar al-Assad’s regime, EU diplomats said Monday.
- Organization of Islamic Cooperation concerned with the ban to visit mosques for minors in Tajikistan
Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) is concerned with the new law on parental responsibilities for the upbringing and education of children, which came into force in Tajikistan last week, AKI press reported.
- 200-year old “covering of the Kaaba” on show in UAE
Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank (ADIB) has brought a historic 200-year old Kiswah – covering of the Ka’aba – to the UAE to mark Ramadan this year.
- Mashhad to host Int’l Quran Exhibit
The Sixth International Qur’an Exhibition will open in Mashhad on August 24 and will work for a week.
- Chinese Muslims banned from fasting in Ramadan
Amid fresh arrests, restrictions on fasting and prayers at mosques, Uighur Muslims are suffering under the latest episode of Chinese government crackdown on their ethnic minority in the northwestern region of Xinjiang.
- Longer fast in world’s tallest tower
Muslim residents of Burj Khalifa in Dubai, the world’s tallest tower, have been advised to begin and end their Ramadan fast depending on the floor they live in.
- Yemenis urge army to back revolution
Thousands of anti-regime protesters have held fresh rallies in the south of Yemen, calling on the army to protect their popular revolution.
- Kuwait denies joint oil development with Iran
KUWAIT CITY — The oil ministry in OPEC member Kuwait on Monday denied that it has started a joint oil development with neighbouring Iran.
- ‘Fatwa’ sheikh with links to Irish Muslims is refused visa
A CONTROVERSIAL religious leader with close links to Ireland’s largest Muslim organisation has been banned from entering the country, the Irish Independent has learned.