- Yemeni dictator sets new conditions for acceptance of PGCC plan
While the Yemeni revolutionaries emphasize on the unconditional resignation of the Yemeni autocratic ruler, Ali Abdullah Saleh, he has set new conditions for acceptance of the Persian Gulf Cooperation Council (PGCC) proposed plan.
- An exhibition on the subject of “golden era of Islamic culture” organized in Los Angeles
An exhibition on the subject of “golden era of Islamic culture” has been inaugurated in America’s city Los Angeles where the cultural and educational seers of Islam have been placed.
- Iran to provide free education for Quran memorizers
Iranian lawmakers have recently approved a bill to obligate academic centers and universities in the country to provide free education for Iranians who memorize the entire Holy Quran.
- Gaddafi forces, rebels fight over Zawiyah
Libyan government forces and rebels clashed around the western town of Zawiyah on Saturday as the insurgents tried to push closer to the capital Tripoli.
- Indian Muslim Student Fights for Hijab
An Indian Muslim student in a Mangalore college, who was denied the right to wear hijab in classroom, has decided to take her fight for hijab right to the governor or even the President to protest against violating her religious freedom.
- The Hyderabad haleem is now a Rs100-crore brand name
After the mouth-watering Hyderabadi Biryani, haleem, a meat stew laced with best quality herbs, is poised to become popular with the dish gaining acceptance among different sections of the society.
- Bahrain by-poll to go ahead despite opposition boycott
Bahrain has confirmed that the planned by-election will take place on time next month despite the decision of some political groups to boycott it.
- OIC offers to play role in Syria dialogue
The Organisation of Islamic Cooperation called on Syrian authorities to “exercise restraint” in their showdown with anti-regime protesters and offered to mediate in a dialogue.
- GCC property prices to slide further in H2, says S&P
Property prices and rents in the Gulf will continue to fall in the second half of 2011, Standard and Poor’s has said in its new outlook report on the region.
- HRD ministry sets the ball rolling for selection of new AMU V-C
The Human Resource Development (HRD) Ministry has set in motion the process for selection of the next vice-chancellor of the Aligarh Muslim University (AMU).