- 108 killed, injured, in final result of Kutâs Monday blast
WASSIT / Aswat al-Iraq: The final result of the booby-trapped car blast in southern Iraqâs city of Kut, the center of Wassit Province on Monday night, has reached 108 people, killed or injured, Wassit Health Departmentâs media source reported on Wednesday.
- Iraq Shiite Sadrist Member condemns U.S. forces intrusion in Karbala district.
KARBALA / Aswat al-Iraq: A Member of Iraqâs Shiite Sadrist Trend in southwestern Karbala Provinceâs Council has condemned an intrusion by the U.S. forces of Karbala cityâs Military District, 4 km to the southwest of the city center, considered one of the Trendâs areas.
- Bahrain GDP drops 1.4% in Q1
Bahrainâs economy shrank by 1.4% quarter-on-quarter in the first three months of 2011 as unrest hit businesses in the tourism sector, its first quarterly contraction since the global financial crisis in late 2008, data showed.
- OIC members vow to donate $350 mln to Somalia
ISTANBUL â” Members of the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation, at an emergency meeting in Istanbul Wednesday, vowed to donate 350 million dollars for famine relief in Somalia.
- Azerbaijan Bans Hijab for Teachers
The Republic of Azerbaijan has banned female Muslim teachers from wearing headscarves at schools across the country.
- Installing Domes in Expansion and Roofing Project of al Abbas Holy Shrine + Pics
Installing Domes in Expansion and Roofing Project of al Abbas Holy Shrine + Pics(Ahlul Bayt News Agency) – Engineering cadres of (hipro technologies) Malaysian company Initiated erecting the first two structures of domes out of fourteen small domes in expansion project of Abu Fadl Abbas Holy Shrine, this is what has been announced to Alkafeel by engineer Hamid Majid Al Sayegh.
- Bahrain: Injured testimonies confirm that the hospital turned into prison
Bahrain Youth Society for Human Rights-BYSHR has documented testimonies of some injured of the protests that started on 14 February 2011. BYSHR representatives met with the injured after they had been released from jail. They were arrested from Salmaniya Hospital, the main governmental hospital, and were detained for more than three and a half months.
- Inauguration of Imam Hussain (A.S) museum in Karbala
Imam Hussain (A.S) museum is being inaugurated in the courtyard of the sanctuary of Imam Hussain (A.S) along with the organization of a festival named Rabi-ul-Shahada.
- Facilities provided by Iraq for the Shiites pilgrims of Bahrain and Saudi Arabia
The Shiites of Bahrain and Saudi Arabia will travel to Iraq with direct visa because of the cooperation by Iraqi government.
- Grand Shia Cleric: Scholars Must Answer the Religious Doubts and Questions
Grand Ayatollah Nori Hamdani said that the program to satisfy and resolve religious doubts and questions, organized in the sanctuary of Rizvi, is of great importance and the scholars and religious students have an important responsibility to respond to the religious questions and doubts.