- Kurd-Shiite Unity Key to Defeating Terrorism in Iraq
Kurd-Shiite Unity Key to Defeating Terrorism in Iraq(Ahlul Bayt News Agency) – After a period of calm, Iraq has been witness to a new phase of terrorist operations since Monday. The networks of terror, fear and intimidation have again targeted strategic locations in Iraq, including Karbala, Najaf and Baqubah.
- Australia: Victoria Police may soon apply burqa removal law on Muslim women in prison, courts
Victoria Police may soon be given permission to apply new laws that allow them to insist that Muslim women remove their burqas for identification in prison or in court.
- Laylat al-Qadr the most significant religious occasions for Muslims
Laylat al-Qadr or the night of glory is viewed as one of the most significant religious occasions for Muslims as special rituals and services are held on the eves of the last ten odd days of the fasting month of Ramadan.
- Afghanistan bus accident kills 35
At least 35 people have been killed and several more injured in a bus crash in southern Afghanistan.
- Govt not to call army in Karachi
ISLAMABAD, (SANA): A high level meeting chaired by President Asif Ali Zardari has decided not to call army in the violence hit economic hub of the country Karachi.
- Bahrain: Independence Day remembered as royal commission nears collapse
Tension is rising in the country on the eve of Imam Ali’s martyrdom. The regime’s armed militias (Death Squads) have threatened to attack the religious procession in Muharraq tonight and tomorrow night. These squads are responsible for the abduction, torture and killing hundreds of Bahrainis in the past twelve months.
- Iran ready to purchase George Jordac’s library
TEHRAN — Iran has announced its readiness to purchase the personal library of George Jordac, the Lebanese Christian author of “The Voice of Human Justice”.
- Syrian opposition to launch ‘national council’
Opponents of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad met in Istanbul on Saturday to launch a “national council” to coordinate the fight against the Damascus regime, organisers said.
- Battle outside Tripoli, fighting spills to Tunisia
TUNIS/Zawiyah, Libya – Rebels battled for towns on either side of the Libyan capital Tripoli on Saturday, and fighting spilled across the border into Tunisia where Libyan infiltrators clashed with Tunisian troops.
- Hit 85 Kurdish rebel targets in Iraq : Turkey
ANKARA, Turkey — Turkey’s military says its warplanes have bombed 20 suspected Kurdish rebel targets in northern Iraq in a third day of cross-border strikes.