- US military deaths in Iraq war at 4,474
As of Tuesday, August 23, 2011, at least 4,474 members of the U.S. military have died in the Iraq war since it began in March 2003, according to an Associated Press count.
- Iran prepares to send Explorer-5 data gathering machine into air
Head of Iran’s Aerospace Agency said on Tuesday that Explorer-5 data gathering machine carrying a monkey will be sent into the air in the near future.
- 15 Year Old Named 42nd Martyr of Bahrain Revolution / Bahraini Forces Shoot “Ali Jawad Ahmad” After Eid al-Fitr Prayers + PIC
Bahraini security forces clashed Wednesday with anti-discriminate protesters after Eid al-Fitr prayers, shooting a 15-year-old boy who martyred after being hit by a tear gas canister fired at close range, human rights activists said.
- Bahrain situation tense: UN rights body
A spokesman for the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights has warned that the situation in Bahrain remains “tense and unpredictable” as the Manama regime continues its brutal crackdown on peaceful demonstrations.
- Bomb Explosion Outside Shia Mosque Martyres 20 Including Women and Children
A bomb attack has martyred at least 20 people in the south-western Pakistanicity of Quetta, hospital officials say.
- Shia organizations announce protest day on Friday to condemn Quetta blast
The Shia organizatons on Wednesday condemned the car bomb blast on Shia worshipers in Quetta and announced ten days of mourning to condemn the barbaric act.